Anyone get 90+ without Dr Collins?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

student12399

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
A lot of people suggest studying for the PCATs using Dr. Collins Study Guide, but I'm curious... has anyone scored above 90+ composite without it?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Collins give you the best chance... as there were so many unnecessary information in Kaplan PCAT ****t..
I got 99% after using Collins for 1 1/2 months

Got a 97 without it. Used the Kaplan book for anatomy and statistics since I hadn't taken them yet. Otherwise I was out of school for two years so I spent about 30 hours total over the previous 4 weeks or so. But to be honest I have a chemistry degree so the chem and quantitative was pretty easy for me. The practice tests helped more than anything just getting used to taking the test.

I got 85 without Collins, breakdown:
Chem: 93
Bio: 92
Quant: 85
Verbal was horrible I have no tips for those sections. But for the science and math I re-read Princeton Review PCAT book (not a lot of people know or use it) multiple times the details helped a lot. I also use the EK 1001 questions for Chemistry (questions were much harder than PCAT so I felt really prepared). I also used Kaplan for the questions only (the math section is horrible).

i have been out of school for 2 years now, i am reading the princeton review book now and will probably get the kaplan book too for anything extra and then take a ton of practice exams....i plan to take it in july so i figured if I start now i will be more than ready in 7 months

I used Kaplan (sucked), Princeton (pretty good!), and Barrons (it's just practice exams). And of course, I bought the PCAT practice tests from the actual site.

Hi, I am selling my copy of Dr. Collins pcat notes, i purchased it earlier this year. I am not sure if it is the most upto date copy, but buying these notes was the best thing i ever did in prepping for PCAT. Please feel free to email me at [email protected] /* */ and i can provide you with more info. Good Luck.

I tried Collins at first and didn't score highly. Then I went back and studied solely through the online tests sold through the company that administers the PCAT. 92! I was pretty excited, and I also think Collins is totally overrated, based on my own experience and their astronomical cost.