Anyone ever hear about medical payments in gold?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was curious whether anyone had heard about private pay patients or foriegn nations that hire Western docs entertaining payments in precious metals such as: www.e-gold.com ?

I was considering a 50% cash discount off my private customary charges list for e-payments in gold bullion made within 60 days of service.

Members don't see this ad.

dang, you're real serious about this gold thing huh? well, if you've got any s&p 100 stocks you'd be willing to sell me, i'll pay you 50% of the market price in gold bullion. deal?

How do you have a cash practice in pathology? I have heard of primary care cash practices. I know of several specialized pathology referral centers. I haven't considered a cash patholgy practice.

Members don't see this ad :)
HTD said:
How do you have a cash practice in pathology? I have heard of primary care cash practices. I know of several specialized pathology referral centers. I haven't considered a cash patholgy practice.

Actually, we had an outpatient cash only private prac operating here in town until very recently. The beauty of medical practice is that regardless of who might be competing against you, marketing is KING! My goal is to build an outpatient system with a huge draw area where patients without insurance can get insurance company rates if they pay in gold/gold-backed transfers. Eventually I plan to remove the pitiful US dollar from the entire pricing scheme.

There are a lot of people, institutions and countries losing faith in the inherent value of the dollar. This is *really* scary because once the hysteria starts and everyone follows these peoples' lead and rush toward the exit, anyone left with dollars will be dead broke.

LOL. I wish I knew-- maybe if I studied economics more in depth I could be better informed. But I would bet it happens near another world war. We'll be like the poor German middle class pre-World War II who were burning their worthless millions of Deutsche Marks for heat during the winter. Haha...I shouldn't laugh, since these scenarios are in the realm of possibility, but I can't help myself. It's just so 'end of the world'-ish.

Seriously, I would consider converting dollar assets for sure once the major oil producing nations no longer accept dollars because that would be the first big sign that things are going to be spiraling down. Petrodollars are the most important reason why the US dollar has been able to sustain itself without the backing of gold or anything else for so long.