Anyone else sad about being moved to the allopathic side?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anyone else sad about being moved to the allopathic side?

• Yes

Votes: 35 46.1%
  • No

Votes: 41 53.9%

• Total voters

ohsocrafty22

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

i'm sad that all these class of 2009 threads are now cluttering up this forum.

I felt the same way a year ago, but you will recover and this new forum will begin to feel like home. Welcome to Allopathic !

(Hey Dara, you aren't kidding - I just counted 30 school threads here!)

Members don't see this ad :)
It's a little sad. I've been trying to make the transition over here, though. I think it will be better once we actually start med school. :)

I'm stoked. The pre-allo forum stressed me out by proxy.

dude get a life

i'm sad that i have to scroll down now to find things of interest

I'm sad because I'm having to reapply, and now all my pre-allo friends are in the allopathic forum. :(

I'm sad that you've just waisted 10 seconds my life while reading this...and further sad that i've just spent 15 more precious seconds responding.

rotatores
USUHS 2006

Paws said:
I felt the same way a year ago, but you will recover and this new forum will begin to feel like home. Welcome to Allopathic !

(Hey Dara, you aren't kidding - I just counted 30 school threads here!)
Not really, it will get cluttered up with AMCAS, "what are my chances" (aug MCAT) and of course the proverbial interview threads.

It's a vicious cycle. Might as well admit it, pre-allo has gone to the dumps. Let's hope allopathic stays pristine.

dara678 said:

ditto

lol, im sad cause the allo threads dont seem to get as much action as the pre-allo threads....but i guess once im in med school i'll have no time to peruse sdn as often! maybe thats a good thing lol

Every once in a while, I head over to pre-allo only to get mega-irritated and come back here where it's only mildly irritating :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
felipe5 said:
Yea, what's up with that ? It seems all their threads were about Classes of X school, 2009. Give us back our forum :mad:

dara678 said:
OMG :eek: Make them go away :thumbdown:

i just figured out where they got moved...im new to this place ... *scratches head*
i think i'll go find the UMSM thread ......

Everything will be ok util there are twenty "What should I read to be prepared for MS1". My frank advice would be Memorize everything in Goodman and Gillman.

Skialta MS3

I'm sad that everyone here seems to hate our incoming class. WE didn't move the threads here. The mods did. And I'm sorry that you can't put yourself in our shoes and think about how you felt, oh let's see, one or two years ago?

:rolleyes:

I always thought it would make sense to put the "class of 2009" threads in their own forum. I mean, it clutters up whatever forum these threads are in, and each of these threads are only of interest to a select and specific few.

Please mods, make a "Class of ...." forum! it could be for allo,. osteo, dental, etc. Just throw those things in their own place, where they won't bother the other forum's genral focus!

Plus, we aren't allo yet, we are still very much pre-allo. I agree, make it it's own forum!

Also, I know we got where we are by being anal and competetive but can't everyone just enjoy the little time off they have. I don't plan to start reading MS1 books till I get there.

getunconcsious said:
I'm sad that everyone here seems to hate our incoming class. WE didn't move the threads here. The mods did. And I'm sorry that you can't put yourself in our shoes and think about how you felt, oh let's see, one or two years ago?

:rolleyes:

amen to that!

Soleil9 said:
Please mods, make a "Class of ...." forum! it could be for allo,. osteo, dental, etc. Just throw those things in their own place, where they won't bother the other forum's genral focus!

Just call it Purgatory, the way station between heaven (med school) and hell (premed). :)

I've been writing over here since last fall and loving it. I visit the pre-allo less and less.