Anyone else impatient for news? ANY NEWS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thewendster

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that it takes a few weeks to hear back from schools, and I am trying to be patient, I really am. However, I find myself obsessively checking my email. My stats are on the lower end of average for MD schools and I'm nervously riding out this cycle to see if I need to retake the MCAT. As far as I'm concerned, I bombed the verbal and scored lower than I had on every single practice exam, including my diagnostic! But it's not the retake I'm worrying about. It's the "I have no F-ing clue how this next year will play out, where I will be living, whether my fiancee will need to transfer law schools, what impact a move will have on our relationship, what to tell the dozen people a week who ask me what med school I'll be attending, etc, etc." I just basically hate the limbo. Anybody else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad.

Hate to tell you this, but where you are is where I was July through January last season. And actually, it was July through May, because I was waitlisted at my dream school and kept a candle lit for it until May.

Hang on tight, and just keep busy.

I'm in the same boat, though I have gotten a few interview invites. Lookin g at your mdapps, it looks like you were just complete at most schools. I think your stats are plenty competitive. I know you'll stress about the MCAT,but your diverse background is compelling. Before you know it you'll be interviewing and holding on to your first acceptance. (But the where will I be next year feeling may linger with you because many of us will get waitlisted at dream schools while still having acceptances in hand.) Be patient, have fun. Trust me, having a few months to do nothing but "wait" will be a luxury in your future medical career.
Learn to paint, dance, play the guitar.
Learn to cook exotic food.

I myself am teaching myself to knit.

Members don't see this ad :)
How ironic, nontradfogie, I just took a break from knitting a purse to read your post! I have noticed that keeping myself busy helps pass the time. I just ordered "Fluenz", the Rosetta Stone for adults, to brush up on my Spanish skills. I'm being uber productive in my biochem class (100% so far). The calm after the MCAT and secondaries, while refreshing, has left me with what feels like too much spare time, even though my week is 50+ hours of work and school.

DrMidlife, I have a few dream schools that I would gladly wait out the year for a shot of an acceptance. It looks like you went through 2 cycles of this h*llish application process, I'm glad NSU worked out for you in the end!

I know that it takes a few weeks to hear back from schools, and I am trying to be patient, I really am. However, I find myself obsessively checking my email. My stats are on the lower end of average for MD schools and I'm nervously riding out this cycle to see if I need to retake the MCAT. As far as I'm concerned, I bombed the verbal and scored lower than I had on every single practice exam, including my diagnostic! But it's not the retake I'm worrying about. It's the "I have no F-ing clue how this next year will play out, where I will be living, whether my fiancee will need to transfer law schools, what impact a move will have on our relationship, what to tell the dozen people a week who ask me what med school I'll be attending, etc, etc." I just basically hate the limbo. Anybody else in the same boat?

Time for you to work on your Plan B (what you will do if your don't get into medical school this year). It always goes that the more elaborate and complete your Plan B, the less chance of you actually needing it. Work on your Plan B and realize that "the situation is what it is". Either you get in or you don't and no amount of obsession/worry will change that. Work on your Plan B.

Last application cycle I had my application submitted as early as possible but, after receiving secondaries and submitting them, didn't hear anything from anyone until November. I then hit a hot streak and got four interview offers all for interview dates between November 16th and February 5th. I got my letter of acceptance in mid-February and I am now a first year at Tulane SOM. (29P, 3.6CGPA) Don't sweat it, you still have plenty of time for action.

Hello all,
I am in the same boat. Obsessively checking my email. Been doing yoga to occupy my mind. yuk... well november is my birthday month so I hope I get a nice BD present interview....

good luck all of you!

Same here...
Finished my post-bacc in mid august and submitted amcas/aacomas 8/26 (3.7sgpa/28Q) and my transcripts got all messed up...still waiting for verification. Looks like I'm not alone on the waiting. Thank you to those who got "later" acceptances its a nice break from hearing that if you dont apply in may you have no shot!

and the waiting continues...
IamAriDO