Anyone else get an interview yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
well i took your advice and called them. supposedly, after they calculated my gpa. its only 2.98 but i dont know which classes they only took into account. coz my undergrad gpa sucks, but my grad one is good; however, my prereqs arent during grad courses i guess. i thought they would take that into consideration though because my friend told me that when she didnt get into schools last year, they told her to do a grad program so they must consider it somehow :/ but yea, they cant grant me an interview because of the .02 even though she says everything else makes me a great candidate. i mean isnt it better to accept someone whos committed but made mistakes early in their undergrad years and improved from then than someone who has perfect numbers and using optometry as a backup when they really want to do md...its so frustrating.

Members don't see this ad.

Jmoo, that sucks!
My GPA is 3.1 and I'm afraid that by using whatever system they have for calculating GPA I might not make the cut. I'm sure with your GPA and great OAT score, other schools will accept you. Good luck.

yea..i have an interview for pco in a couple wks but still..scco is home. besides, if i make this one academic cut, the rest is based on interview. your acceptance wont be based on your file but just the interview :/

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm...So you have to have your prereq. GPA at least a 3.0 for SCCO? What about the OAT score?

Just found out that i got interviews at NECO and SCCO! I'm sooo excited!

mind sharing your stats?

hmm i guess not

GPA: 3.4
TS: 370
AA: 350

Yea! I just scheduled my interview at SCCO. I just turned in my app stuff less than two weeks ago. They're really fast I guess!

Yea! I just scheduled my interview at SCCO. I just turned in my app stuff less than two weeks ago. They're really fast I guess!

Hey eyeloveit!

I know what you mean about being fast! i think i turned my stuff in like a week and a half ago and i heard from them already! I was super surprised to hear from them so soon and i'm so glad i did! When did you schedule your interview for? There were no dates specified on the letter so I am just trying to find the best weekend to go...Did they tell you when the soonest appointment possible was?

I got interviews for SUNY and Pacific...waiting and seeing how those have turned out...

Just wondering, does anyone know what is the proper etiquette when you've decided not to interview for schools that have invited you (say you've changed your mind or have been accepted elsewhere already) thx!

I got interviews for SUNY and Pacific...waiting and seeing how those have turned out...

Just wondering, does anyone know what is the proper etiquette when you've decided not to interview for schools that have invited you (say you've changed your mind or have been accepted elsewhere already) thx!
Call them and cancel the interview (if you're set on the other school, of course). It saves them time and helps open up interview seats for your peers who need them (like me). :)