Anyone call Case Western yesterday or today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OhioMD

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called and was told that they had not a made final decision yet. My application was reviewed on Monday of this week, I was interviewed there about 10 days ago.

Maybe they did not want to give bad news over the phone. I know they told another SDN member over the phone that they were accepted.

Now I am depressed :(

Members don't see this ad.

Oh bummer.
I was also looking forward to word from them, but I was hesitant to call. That stinks either way: that they really have not decided yet (more waiting) or that they won't give bad news over the phone. Maybe you just caught a different admissions person who is a stickler for not telling and your acceptance is on the way! :D

Sean

Thanks Sean2tall!!

Maybe it has been too close to my interview day to make any definite determination. I have decided to be positive after all:) :) :)

For all case western people: please let us know if you hear anything, it will be nice to hear happy news :D

If you could, please let us know what day you interviewed when you respond.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on the first day available at CWRU (early september, as I recall) and am still awaiting some sort of answer. I am going crazy over here. CWRU is my first choice. And I live in cleveland. Ussually takes only one day to get a letter from CWRU.

I have not called them. Though, I would have been surprised to learn that they would give any sort of news over the phone (good or bad).

Judd

i too called Case this morning ( i called at 6:30 california time because i was so anxious!). i interviewed last week and they said a decision had not been made and they were still in the process of voting. she said i should probably expect something next week.

After not getting a letter today from CWRU (which i expected) I sucked it up and gave them a call.

I got good news. But, remember, I interviewed on September 14, the first day of interviews for them, as far as I can recall. So, hold tight.

As far as I know, rejection letters already went out, and acceptance letters are due to go out today.

Judd

Awesome, man! Congrats!:D CWRU sounds like a really neat school.

Sean

How often does CWRU's admissions committee meet to review the applications of those who have interviewed? I remember it's always on Mondays, but how many Mondays each month?

To my knowledge, two times per month. This last Monday was one, and I suppose two weeks later. .

Congrats Judd!!

I am very happy for you! By the way, are the rejection letters post interview?

I guess they are mailing out early interviews first or did they indicate all acceptances for this round were sent out today? From what I was told, final decisions for the most recent meetng have not been decided.

I don't think it was good that I was not given a definitive answer today but maybe it is because I interviewed there just last week.

Best Regards

:clap: :clap: Congrats again!!

wait, i cant tell if you got in or not. but if you did, congrats!!

Originally posted by juddson
After not getting a letter today from CWRU (which i expected) I sucked it up and gave them a call.

I got good news. But, remember, I interviewed on September 14, the first day of interviews for them, as far as I can recall. So, hold tight.

As far as I know, rejection letters already went out, and acceptance letters are due to go out today.

Judd

Finally broke-down and gave them a call. I'm in the "maybe later" pile for review later. Bogus.:(

I am sorry to hear that Sean2tall.

Did they say you are on the wait list? When did you interview?

Remember...there are many fish in the sea.

Originally posted by exmike
wait, i cant tell if you got in or not. but if you did, congrats!!

Yep, i got in. Turned in my letter today. Very happy.

Maybe i should post this on another thread as well, but I called Ohio State today to withdraw my application, and in the process asked all the questions I wanted to ask.

They are interviewing, in the aggregate, only those applicants who have ABOVE a 30 MCAT and a GPA of 3.5. I was told that they simply would not be getting to the people with BELOW 30 MCAT scores until after January 1. As for those with exactly 30 MCAT (must be a huge number of those, I would guess) "very few" have been interviewed so far. People with 30's will generally be interviewed in late Nov./december and into the new year. They generally do not interview people with MCATs below 27--though they do see a few.

As far as the Cleveland Clinic program, I had to make an appointment to see the dean of admissions. So, i will know more on Thursday.

On a side note, I also got a call from Cinci today. I called them back and they actually invited me to come back down for a SECOND interview. The person on the phone told me that the adcom had some additional questions for me. Obviously, I was hugely interested in knowing what else they wanted to know, but the person on the phone did know what questions they had. I mention this because I thought it was kinda weird. Frankly I had never heard of this happening. My guess is that this is probably better than a rejection, but obviously not quite as good as an acceptance. I'll note also that I interviewed there only last Monday. So, they move pretty fast down there.

PM me if you have any additional questions

Judd

i just called. i got in. i'm so happy right now. :clap: :clap: :clap:

OhioMD:
I interviewed on Sept 29th. I don't know if I am on the waitlist per-se. The admissions person I talked to made it sound like my file will be on the pile to review every time until they decide either way. OK, I guess that is pretty much a waitlist, haha. I am not terribly worried about it, but I was thinking it would be sweet to get an acceptance and cancel other interviews. Weirdly, the Case interview went ridiculously well. He said something to the effect that he was sure I would have numerous offers to choose from, loved my essay, and so on, so I guess I am just surprised. No biggie ;)

I kind of wish I had considered Cleveland Clinic more, but I guess it's getting late ... hmmmmm

Edit: Congrats to robot! You rule

Party on,
Sean

Oh so you sound like you are on hold...you never know, maybe you will be accepted the next time around! :D

Forgot to say in my previous note...congrats Robotdancing!!!:clap: :clap:

Sean2Tall,

I have PM'ed you.

Judd

Back and forth, this is practically instant messaging!
Alrighty, time for class. . .

+pad+

Originally posted by juddson
On a side note, I also got a call from Cinci today. I called them back and they actually invited me to come back down for a SECOND interview. The person on the phone told me that the adcom had some additional questions for me. Obviously, I was hugely interested in knowing what else they wanted to know, but the person on the phone did know what questions they had. I mention this because I thought it was kinda weird. Frankly I had never heard of this happening. My guess is that this is probably better than a rejection, but obviously not quite as good as an acceptance. I'll note also that I interviewed there only last Monday. So, they move pretty fast down there.

Judd [/B]

Well i havent heard from those guys yet.....but anyways.....haha
yeah those second interviews are rare. but i know that if schools are split on the decision of your application...some of them do invite you back for a......i guess i should call it a "deciding" interview...

so just be on your game that day.

good luck.