Anyone actually truly enjoy working for CVS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hib holders are to some degree endentured servants. They are unlikely to speak up about poor working conditions after their employers were so financially involved in facilitating their entry. They are contributing to the race to the bottom in retail pharmacy.

So who is really bad here, we h1b holders or the people who gets greedy and employ us so that they can get 'endentured servents'. Its all about american greed.... don't blame it on few immigrants who has american dream and to tell you the truth, the day I feel like I am being exploited or the working conditions are poor or whatever people are talking about cvs, I can pack my bags and say good bye to this country but guess what that will not change the situation for thousands of other retail pharmacists in all different chain and they will not have another place to go. If you feel the situation is that poor and bad then do something about it. You can vote, I can not....

Members don't see this ad.

So how do we get rid of them?

unfortunately u can not....!! and even if you did, retail will be still retail. I was talking to one of the pharmacist from walgreens across the street yesterday to get a transfer and I could not believe what he said. They have 8 tech hours a week... Pharmacist works alone most days doing everything including flu shots. I wold rather work at my cvs where atleast I have atleast a technician any given day or time and also 270 tech hours a week for 2400 scripts.

So who is really bad here, we h1b holders or the people who gets greedy and employ us so that they can get 'endentured servents'. Its all about american greed.... don't blame it on few immigrants who has american dream and to tell you the truth, the day I feel like I am being exploited or the working conditions are poor or whatever people are talking about cvs, I can pack my bags and say good bye to this country but guess what that will not change the situation for thousands of other retail pharmacists in all different chain and they will not have another place to go. If you feel the situation is that poor and bad then do something about it. You can vote, I can not....

Easier said than done. There are tons of you guys dying to get over here and make the big bucks. You mean to tell mean you'd pack your bags and go home to make peanuts?

Members don't see this ad :)
its ok... stop complaining. If you are capable enough you will get job. I have 4 years of undergraduate degree, 2 years of masters and also Pharm.D. from here. America is a place of immigrants. Read history if you have not done so. I am not illegal here, I chose the path that is approved by government and reach this stage. I will get green card and will be a us citizen soon... what would you complain after that?? I took your job, I occupied your country..... >??

Real cohesive argument there homeboy. If you did your education here in the states and at least went through the system that way I do frown on the institutions (especially pharmacy) for accepting citizens of other countries over qualified American citizens, but I don't really have major beef with it (read my original post). If you came in before 2007/2008 with H1B, again, you served a purpose (read my original post). Anyone who came in after that is completely useless and actually harmful to the profession. Read a ****ing economics textbook about supply and demand.

Also if you want to jackoff about "reading history" you should check out the history of immigrants in the US and how they have been traditionally brought here to be abused-- think of all the Chinese/Irish tricked into coming here to work on uber-dangerous railroads back in the 19th century right up to the obvious exploitation of "illegal" immigrants from Central America that goes on today, swept under the rug. Same **** with your H1B visas for the most part on a much, much higher level. Yeah, if you're an innovative scientist or engineer, etc. etc. you serve a market purpose that betters the country, come on in. More Walgreens pharmacists needed in this economy? I don't ****ing think so.

Yeah it is the scum**** corporations that are the problem way more than the actual immigrants such as yourself. But honestly you shouldn't be surprised that 90+% of American pharmacists (a lot might not admit it in public) don't want you here and that you are the most visible/tangible focal point of flawed US policy.