Anyone accepted with a GPA 3.2 or below?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
3.2 overall GPA (3.0 science) no post bacc or masters, 19AA DAT, white male. I applied to 12 and got accepted to 3 schools. I also turned down several post december interviews after first three acceptances on dec 1.
I have very similar stats. Would you mind sharing where did you apply or get in? how did you make yourself stand out?

Members don't see this ad.

3.1 total, 3.0 science, 21 AA, 20 TS - 1500+ hours assisting, strong letters, applied to 10, interviewed at 3, waitlisted at 1, accepted 1, and didn't hear back from the 3rd interview. THERE IS HOPE!
Wow Thanks, I was about to lose hope. Where did you get accepted/waitlisted?

Wow Thanks, I was about to lose hope. Where did you get accepted/waitlisted?
I was accepted at USC, waitlisted at Western U and didn't hear back from UNLV.
My DAT and upward GPA trend moved me into potential candidate territory. Stronnnnng letters of rec from my boss and as of current: a year and half working full time (40+ hours a week) dental assisting/chairside
I also did a lot of clinical work abroad with underserved communities. Definitely write a stellar personal statement and have a unique story to circle back to in the beginning and end.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Western was TOUGH to get into this year! I know 2 SDN'ers with 3.6 GPA 22 AA that got flat-out rejected from Western. I personally got rejected from there and I was slightly above average their matriculation average (3.3 oGPA 20 AA I believe)

It's been beaten to death but numbers are important (as long as it's not 2.3 GPA 14 AA) but drive/passion for dentistry is even more paramount.

Reactions: 2 users
Proud to finally post here! I was always looking at these threads for hope. I have a 3.09 GPA and a 20 AA, with strong grades in my pre reqs. I have a Bachelors in Social Work and completed all my pre reqs the last 2 years. I applied to 17 schools, interviewed at 3 and eventually got accepted into 2 schools off the waitlist. (NYU and Western U) I will be attending Western!

Reactions: 3 users
2.9 sGPA 3.1 overall. 5 interviews, 4 acceptances you got this!

How was the rest of your application? I really want to prepare myself and know what I can do to up my chances.

I had a 3.2 undergrad, 3.97 masters and a 20 on the dat, I got 10 interviews and 6 acceptances + 4 wait lists.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
3.1 total, 3.0 science, 21 AA, 20 TS - 1500+ hours assisting, strong letters, applied to 10, interviewed at 3, waitlisted at 1, accepted 1, and didn't hear back from the 3rd interview. THERE IS HOPE!
Did you do post-bacc/masters?

Like many people who posted here I used to look at these threads (especially the under 3.0 club) for hope and motivation. I graduated with a 2.57 science GPA. Went to postbacc...finished 88 credits in a year and half with 3.97 GPA...got killer letters of rec (the guy who interviewed me said he has never read a strong committee letter like mine before).
Got 4 interviews....turned down two of them...got wail-listed at one school and accepted at another Dec 1st. There is always hope.

Reactions: 4 users