anybody has experience of kaplan questionbank?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

resu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I bought Kaplan question bank. How co-related it with actual naplex? Is it harder or equal to the original naplex?:confused:

Thnanks in advance. Appreciate your help.:)

Members don't see this ad.

I liked the qbank, used it for a month. If I vaguely remember I got ~60% of the questions right and ended up with a 120 something...hope that helps.

Hi there,

I am using this q-bank. My average is 55%. So, my question is, how I can evaluate myself? Also, you said that your average is 60%; means I don't have to underestimate mayself, right?

Please, help me. Because I want to know that everybody(who is using this q-bank) is feeling it hard in the sameway as I am. If yes, then atleast I can calm myself :), otherwise it is really frustrating to get such lower score :scared:.

I am using the QBank and feel the same was as all of you do. My cumulative performance is around 60% only. The therapeutics, pharmacology and clinical questions always throw me off.
Don't worry. But complete it once and do review at least once. You should be fine.

I finished all 1000+ questions and probably got a 65%. I signed up for the QBank about 2 weeks prior to my Naplex and I didn't care for the questions... Some of the answers were wrong (completely wrong!) It got irritating because I would come across some incorrect answers and wonder how many other questions were incorrect that I was lead to believe was correct. And it wasted my time because I would have to do some research and figure out the correct answer.

Also, some of the selctions (A, B, C, etc) did not correlate with the explanation for the answers that the program would provide. Ex. the right answer would be A. Elavil but in the explanation portion, a detailed reponse regarding why A (Ambien) was correct. The listed option did not match the explanation which confused me.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't come across these issues very often (maybe 30 or so questions were incorrect). But if you are using QBank solely to study, I would not recommend it. It was good practice though, just don't give the explanations for the correct answers a lot of weight.

I thought it was really good with anbiotic questions which was my weakness. AND it was really good for math questions which will definately be on the Naplex. It had a lot of detailed profile questions which I found helpful for the Naplex. It was a little heavy on MOA questions, especially parasympathetic/sympathetic (sp?) functions of various drugs. I didn't have any MOA questions on my Naplex.

Good luck!