Any way to find where I stand on the waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

strivehigh

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was waitlisted at UNE about two months ago. If I emailed them would they tell me where I stand on the waitlist or is that something you shouldn't ask?

Also, are other PT schools that you applied to obligated in any way to get back to you regarding acceptance or rejection? Or do they have the liberty of just leaving you hanging if they wish? I applied to many other schools and have only heard back from a few of them. I'm getting quite anxious to at least see where I stand. I applied to all in mid-July. All schools within the Northeast region.

Members don't see this ad.

I would call and ask. It won't hurt you. I have an interview at UNE in two weeks. I know some people have been put on a waitlist to even interview. I wonder what they base their waitlists on? Specially you since you seem to have applied pretty early.

In regards to other schools not getting back to you, if they do not have rolling admissions then many won't send out decisions until December or January. Heck, University of Vermont doesn't send decisions until late February/late March. If they are rolling admissions, then it's possible that you could be hanging for awhile depending on when their firm deadline is. There is no set timeline that any school has to adhere to.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was waitlisted at UNE about two months ago. If I emailed them would they tell me where I stand on the waitlist or is that something you shouldn't ask?

Also, are other PT schools that you applied to obligated in any way to get back to you regarding acceptance or rejection? Or do they have the liberty of just leaving you hanging if they wish? I applied to many other schools and have only heard back from a few of them. I'm getting quite anxious to at least see where I stand. I applied to all in mid-July. All schools within the Northeast region.
A lot of schools won't tell you what number you are in the waitlist. It's better to ask if there's any possibility of you being pulled off of the list. That way you have a general idea of your chances. As far as being notified on acceptances or rejections, it really just depends on the school and their process.

Someone specifically asked this question at my interview date. While some programs may tell you your place on the waitlist, UNE will not. They said that the reason being is they hold interviews all the way up until Jan/Feb and will accept a few from each session. Those students have a deposit due in January and another deposit in March or April (can't remember that detail, but I'm pretty sure it is on their website). Once that second deposit is due, they will find out how many remaining seats they have left and then rank their waiting list and start pulling off of it. Basically, they told us if we are put on the waitlist, we will not be hearing back from them about being accepted until the spring when interviews are over.

However, they said because of the high tuition and them going to the waitlist kind of late in the game- they do pull of the waitlist quite a bit, but won't be able to tell you where you are yet. A lot of the current students that were there said they had been put on the waitlist themselves.

Good Luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
I would call and ask. It won't hurt you. I have an interview at UNE in two weeks. I know some people have been put on a waitlist to even interview. I wonder what they base their waitlists on? Specially you since you seem to have applied pretty early.

When did you hear from UNE? I am still waiting

When did you hear from UNE? I am still waiting
I applied late October, got an email on November 6th saying my app was received, then two weeks later I got an email about pre-requisite coursework being completed and the next day (November 21st) I received an interview invite for December 8th.

Someone specifically asked this question at my interview date. While some programs may tell you your place on the waitlist, UNE will not. They said that the reason being is they hold interviews all the way up until Jan/Feb and will accept a few from each session. Those students have a deposit due in January and another deposit in March or April (can't remember that detail, but I'm pretty sure it is on their website). Once that second deposit is due, they will find out how many remaining seats they have left and then rank their waiting list and start pulling off of it. Basically, they told us if we are put on the waitlist, we will not be hearing back from them about being accepted until the spring when interviews are over.

However, they said because of the high tuition and them going to the waitlist kind of late in the game- they do pull of the waitlist quite a bit, but won't be able to tell you where you are yet. A lot of the current students that were there said they had been put on the waitlist themselves.

Good Luck!!

Thanks for the information. I was placed on a waitlist at this school and based on the amount of people they interview I am starting to feel like they place a lot of prospects on their waitlist as well.
I wouldn’t be surprised if anyone who meets their requirements gets placed on this list after they interview.
Also from the email I received they said candidates on the waitlist will be reviewed, ranked, and re-ranked with newly interviewed candidates and considered for admissions after each interview session. Which makes me feel better. It seems like there’s still chances you can get pulled from that list before deposits are due. Although candidates accepted from the waitlist will be expected to deposit to hold the place in the class within two days of receipt of the official acceptance offer.

By the way have you heard anything yet?