Any US-trained dentists in Dubai

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannagetaway

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering if any US trained/US citizen dentists had gone to work in Dubai and what their experience was like? How to apply to work there, what it's like working there, if it's possible to buy a practice if you're not a UAE citizen, etc.
I would really like to move there next year and any information would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi

I was wondering if any US trained/US citizen dentists had gone to work in Dubai and what their experience was like? How to apply to work there, what it's like working there, if it's possible to buy a practice if you're not a UAE citizen, etc.
I would really like to move there next year and any information would be greatly appreciated!
I heard it isn't as glamorous or lucrative as it looks, unless you're Apa. Do your research!

Reactions: 1 user
I have been offered several jobs in Dubai and Abu Dabi over the last 2 years. Salary is the deal breaker, about 240,000. They are looking for quite a bit of experience, so if you are out less than 5-7 years, I would not bother. Contracts are usually for 2 years, with all expenses paid if you don't leave early. You should visit first and see if you even like it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would never go to Dubai after hearing about the British woman who was raped in Dubai. After going to the police and reporting the rape, she was arrested , because extramarital sex is eligal in Dubai,,,,, even if you are raped.
No way I would ever go there after hearing about that.