Any UK medics here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
H

Hypochondriac

Hi!

Members don't see this ad.

I have my FRCS....anything I can assist you with?

Trini is high up and exalted compared to me, as I am only a lowly 3rd year medic at Birmingham Medical School :laugh:

But I am here - fairly regularly ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
...and me! I'm a 2nd year at St Barts and The London. :)

and I am bottom of the pile then....first year:D

...and I'm with Kev(UK) at the bottom....first year student (Canadian) at Guy's (London)....can't believe that first year is almost over.

Jane :D

Hi everyone,

Wow, I'd love to study in the UK. If it's not too personal a question, for anyone who's not from the EU but studying in the UK, what are your plans after you graduate? How are you enjoying the experience abroad? What are the most challenging aspects you've faced so far?

Thanks -- I'm excited to hear from you all! :D

Me too....I'm currently in my 3rd year @ GKT.

Anybody there going to do the USMLE step 1 in the near future? What are your thoughts on the best time to do them, i.e. end of 3rd year, 4th year etc...?

Any suggestions appreciated........

:)

FRCS stands for, i think, Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons. Its the surgical equivalent of FRCP (Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians).
I think the reason UK grads have such long names is that they have to be given something for all the work leading up to the title, as this titile does not equate to mucho $$$$$$ :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

FRCS is the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons. It's the surgical equivalent of the MRCP (Membership of the Royal College of Physicians). Members of the Royal College of Physicians are elected to Fellowship (FRCP) if they have made a significant and distinctive contribution to medicine usually 10 years or so after passing the MRCP.

I've just finished 2nd year at GKT.

A few familiar 'faces' in here :D

Anyway, I'm Joy, just starting 4th year at Nottingham.

Hiya! New here to the forum...Just finished first year at University of Liverpool Medical School, currently having a very non eventful summer! Cant wait to start second year in august, am missing uni life a lot! Any other peeps out there from Liverpool?!
:)