Any TX Non-trads out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bessem0822

QBMD
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying to TX schools via TMDSAS? I'm having such a hard time with saving some parts of the app. I keep getting an error message to edit the number of lines. Anyone having the same prob?

Members don't see this ad.

Present!
I haven't begun the process as of yet, because I still have postbac work to complete. So, I'm a ways out from applying to TMDSAS, but any premed adviser could definitely point you in the right direction with that. I know there are some other Texans lurking out there. :)

Anyone applying to TX schools via TMDSAS? I'm having such a hard time with saving some parts of the app. I keep getting an error message to edit the number of lines. Anyone having the same prob?

When filling out your personal statement or any other text box on tmdsas, the text box is already filled with spaces (as if you started from the first line and pressed enter a bunch of times til you got to the bottom of the page). If you are having trouble fitting something in and you are sure that you are not exceeding the character limit, scroll to the bottom of the text box, highlight the blank spaces and press delete. I dont know why they formated it that way, but thats the way it is.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank u so much for the info...I've had to type and re-type so many times...

Just out of curiosity, will you be applying to all the Texas universities, and if not, then which ones?

I'm a non-traditional student (37, married, two kids) from North Texas and am applying this cycle. Good luck to you!! :luck:

I'm a non-traditional student (37, married, two kids) from North Texas and am applying this cycle. Good luck to you!! :luck:

TX Non-trad here. applied to all TX schools this year. took MCAT in July, scores were a bummer!!!
So, i'll probably be doing it again next year.

TX Non-trad here. applied to all TX schools this year. took MCAT in July, scores were a bummer!!!
So, i'll probably be doing it again next year.

Same here, but i must say I definatlly learned a lot form the process.

Good Luck All :luck:

I'm 38, divorced, one son, from N. Texas, and am applying this cycle. Really exciting. Several interviews so far and the waiting is already tough :)
I will say that interviewing as a mature adult is a breeze. I've been in outside sales roles for 14 years so meeting and discussing things with people I've just met is a large part of what I do for a living.
Good luck to all of you.

im a non trad (28) applying again this cycle. applied last year and only got 1 interview, but things are going better this cycle. hopefully I'll see some of you on the interview trail.

For all of you TX nontrads, where did you take your coursework? I am in Dallas and am deciding b/w SMU (on my own) or UTD's post-bacc. Any other places to consider?? Thanks!

Just recently graduated from Texas State and am currently enrolled in Cincinnati's SMP (does that make me a non-trad?). Application was sent out in mid/late July but haven't had any interview offers yet. Getting kind of worried!

Just out of curiosity, will you be applying to all the Texas universities, and if not, then which ones?

Yes, I plan to apply to all. I'm most interested in A&M and UH

Hi All,
I'm a Non-trad, Texas Re-app. hoping that things go alot better than last year. However, i bombed MCAT, so I will be retaking in Jan. and pray that things go better from that. I applied to all Texas schools, then ~20 others. The major things holding me back right now is MCAT, so I just ordere Examkrackers and I hope for good results.

cc1183 - How are you liking your SMP?

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!:)

Nontrad from Austin area here, will apply next cycle. Good luck to everyone applying this time around. :)

chloec-

The SMP here is great. We take biochem, micro anatomy and physiology with the MD students on top of graduate courses and a research thesis. They really try to help you get in to medical school with structured shadowing and research opportunities. I highly recommend the program.