Any thoughts on Tufts Pre-Dental Non-Degree program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDental38

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts on the Tufts Pre-Dental Non-Degree program or know any similar programs?

Members don't see this ad.

I would definitely not do that program specifically. It is too expensive and you have to repeat all those classes again in the dental school once you get there. If it’s your only option, then I would do it I suppose. But that program is something you have to be selected for after applying and being rejected from there for actual admission Anyway. So it wouldn’t be my goal I guess is what I’m thinking.

I would definitely not do that program specifically. It is too expensive and you have to repeat all those classes again in the dental school once you get there. If it’s your only option, then I would do it I suppose. But that program is something you have to be selected for after applying and being rejected from there for actual admission Anyway. So it wouldn’t be my goal I guess is what I’m thinking.
Is there any specific program that you would recommend that you know is similar to Tufts?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, what is your goal? Why do you need a program like that? Because depending on what you need would better help me, anyone else, and also yourself to kinda be able to look into it. Like do you need to increase your GPA?

Well, what is your goal? Why do you need a program like that? Because depending on what you need would better help me, anyone else, and also yourself to kinda be able to look into it. Like do you need to increase your GPA?
Yes, my goal is to increase my GPA/getting accepted. I'm primarily looking for a dental program that has bridge/articulation

You should then research pre-dental certificate or masters programs. Then see if those programs offer any type of guaranteed review or if you get certain stats a guaranteed interview. I know that there are a few like that but generally those are very hard to attain because of the fact that they generally require perfection out of you in order to actually secure that seat. If you’re looking to increase your GPA and make yourself more competitive for admission I would probably pursue a masters degree in a biomedical science like immunology or microbiology. Get a really good GPA in that program and do well on the DAT and that will really help you to become more competitive as well as to obviously bolster your shadow and volunteer hours during that time. You definitely should not be setting your goal onto a program that you would have to actually apply to the dental school and then become rejected before they would offer you the spot such as the one at Tufts there.

Now if you apply to dental school and you’ve been rejected but you’ve been offered one of the seats into a program that is similar to like what you were saying at Tufts where you are getting a guaranteed spot into the following year’s class if you complete the requisite courses with the GPA that they are asking you to where you’re not required to interview or take the DAT again then I would say that was perfectly fine if that was your option but it definitely wouldn’t be my goal. Because ultimately you would like to apply to dental school and then become accepted to go for your program and just complete your time to become a dentist.

Expensive, and unless 100% guarantee, don't. If you have anywhere 3.2-3.4 and want to boost your GPA, do a postbac. 3.0 or sub = masters. This may be true to many SMPs or programs that you take with med/dental students, but it's no joke to do well. At least when I graduated from Tufts in 2018, to get a solid A, you needed to get a 96/100 on tests. So think about that...

Reactions: 1 user
Expensive, and unless 100% guarantee, don't. If you have anywhere 3.2-3.4 and want to boost your GPA, do a postbac. 3.0 or sub = masters. This may be true to many SMPs or programs that you take with med/dental students, but it's no joke to do well. At least when I graduated from Tufts in 2018, to get a solid A, you needed to get a 96/100 on tests. So think about that...
Do you know any schools that have SMPs with guarantee options?