Any Suggestions for new DPT students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

_FNG_

PT, DPT, OCS
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well I've got one more semester till I start my DPT program. This semester is quite easy because I only have gen ed.'s left so I was wondering if there is anything you (previous pt students) would recommend doing in order to make the transition from undergrad to grad school easier. I'm sure others that watch this forum would appreciate any advice as well.

Thanks in advance, Nick

Members don't see this ad.

Get as much observation experience that you can fit into your sched. In terms of making the transition easier, I guess it depends on the program youre going to start. Just start to get familiar with all the PT lingo (abbreviations, documentation, ect.) and work on getting used to pt interaction. Its simple stuff that will go a long way (at least thats what I would have done differently)

Agreed with the observation. I would also find out which therapeutic exercise book your school uses and read that. It gives you a good idea of how they think. Also, if you haven't taken Gross Anatomy, I'd start perusing an anatomy book for fun.