any suggestions for getting LOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ALOHA84

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if optometry schools especailly SUNY is very strict about the number of LORs. It seems like majorit of optometry scools require 3 LORs. What if a student like me can't get 3 LORs?I graduated 2 1/2 yrs ago so finding 2 science professors is very hard. The professors that could have given me LORs are not teaching anymore. And I haven't taken any class since I graduated so I don't know any new professors. Currently, I am working w/ an optometrist and she'll definetly give me one. I am thinking to do some sort of research work in a local school in my area so may be I can get a second LOR. But getting a third LOR almost seems impossible rigth now. However, I am planning to take BioChem in fall semester but then wouldn't it be too late to apply for optometry schools. I would like to apply at least by mid to late summer. Pls. any suggestion would be helpful.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

The best thing for you to do is contact suny admissions...they are really good at responding to emails.