any rejection letters yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anybody gotten rejection letters yet? if you did:
a) from where?
b) when did you sent in your secondary?
c) email or snail-mail?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Mayo (10/04/03) snail mail
Vanderbilt (10/06/03) snail mail

both really, really, really thin envelopes.

so hope for thick envelopes then.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey fritz,
did you get that vandy rejection letter before or after interviewing there? i'm just wondering because i interviewed and have not been rejected yet.

also, i was rejected by Pritzker in a thin envelope a couple weeks ago. (prior to interviewing)

Stanford and Gtown....

I will take my pimp juice elsewhere thay you very much... :p

Rejections from:

UW (pre-secondary) submitted 6/3
Vandy (pre-interview) submitted about 8/1
U Chicago (complete 8/14)

Pritzker on 9/8, which sucked considering how much time and effort I put into their freaking huge secondary. Can I pre-emptively add Harvard and Hopkins to my list of rejections? They seem to be quite lazy in mailing out their thin envelopes :p

I was rejected by Pritzker, Georgetown pre-interview....but somehow Hopkins granted me an interview. You neva know what the schools are looking for.... so dun be discouraged.

I got the "boot" from G-town and Albany. Oh well. Didn't want to go there any way!

Hey all!

I was rejected from Stanford pre-secondary on 10/6. I was late in the application cycle because I applied ED to UPenn and got deferred. Stanford got my AMCAS info on Monday and they must have really hated me. A week later and I got a rejection and I applied to some other hardcore schools. Damn me for applying ED. I hope that these rejections stop coming to all of us, only interviews and acceptances from now on. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

-DrJE2B

UCSF.

Oh well ... I'm not a Cali resident anyway. :p

oops yeah I got a really thin envelope from Stanford. Still cannot believe it. They got my AMCAS on 9/29 and rejected me so quickly. Couldn't they have waited a few weeks? +pissed+

Pre-secondary rejection from Stanford. I know know my numbers aren't jaw-dropping impressive, but you kinda have to wonder how they make their decisions. I just checked their web page, and I was only off their mean MCAT by 2 and their mean GPA by about .05. You would think that would be enough to warrant some token consideration.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by DrJ2B
oops yeah I got a really thin envelope from Stanford. Still cannot believe it. They got my AMCAS on 9/29 and rejected me so quickly. Couldn't they have waited a few weeks? +pissed+

I'm also a former NYU student and got rejected from Stanford in 6 days =). I guess they don't want any NYU peeps.

Hey aqs200!

Sorry for the news! We can both laugh at Stanford together. I did not want to go there anyway. I will be waiting for 2 more outright pre-secondary rejections from UCSF and UCLA. Why did I even apply to these places? Going to med school in Cali would be cool because I think I want to be in Cali for residency but it is all good. Good luck to you and thanks for making me feel a bit less bitter! :laugh: :laugh:

--DrJ2B

I got rejected pre-interview from university of vermont. I sent in the seconday in early august and got the rejection at the end of september. I look forward to the onslaught of rejection letters that I surely will endure.

just got rejected post secondary from stanford and GW.

boo.

Two letters from the University of Washintgon (Seattle) and UCSF. But, I'm an Ohio boy so I guess I can't be too dissapointed.

Hey all!

Remember rejections are inevitable, but I am sure we will all get in somewhere. Any schools that reject us don't deserve us anyway. On a good and miraculous note, I got a secondary from UCLA and I am an out-of-stater. As you can see, anything can happen. UCSF will not be as kind to me I assume, but it is nice to know that UCLA gives out-of-staters some real consideration. I hope all of you get interviews and then acceptances galore. Good luck everyone! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by DrJ2B
Hey aqs200!

Sorry for the news! We can both laugh at Stanford together. I did not want to go there anyway. I will be waiting for 2 more outright pre-secondary rejections from UCSF and UCLA. Why did I even apply to these places? Going to med school in Cali would be cool because I think I want to be in Cali for residency but it is all good. Good luck to you and thanks for making me feel a bit less bitter! :laugh: :laugh:

--DrJ2B

Yeah well, Stanford's loss. I knew it was a shot in the dark but gave it a try anyway. Getting into UCSF and UCLA out of state is going to be tough. Stanford was the only Cali school I applied to and I didn't bother applying to UCSF and UCLA since I already know how stiff the competition is just from in-staters.

Sorry to hear about your UPENN deference, but well, adcoms are VERY Wierd. Good luck on your applications!

Getting a rejection is not fun, but I respect the schools that plain out reject you early in the process, than the ones that make you wait around forever & then send you an email stating they don't have any interview slots available for this year anymore, thus stating they will be unable to review your application for the upcoming school year. Schools that flat out send quick rejections help you see your chances better and sooner where you can try to apply to more schools if you need to. Maybe other schools should follow Stanford's example. At least Stanford didn't ask you to send them money knowing they would never consider your application.

Yep. Thanks Mayo. Got the rejection letter today.

Damn it... I was put on hold for an interview at UCSD... Man, this really doesn't make sense. I'm a cali resident with pretty good numbers... gotten early interviews from vandy, pritzker, and ae... and i get put on hold at two UC's... what the hell??? :mad:

Got a nice email reject from Miami. I felt like writing back saying thanks. oh wells...next.

Got one from Vandy a couple of weeks ago. It came on a bad day for me anyways. Oh well... it makes an interview letter even better! They are just missing out.

?????

Are those of you who are getting rejections from certain schools going to avoid applying for their residency programs? Just wondering if after four years I will still have a sour taste in my mouth.

Got the reject letter from Uchicago. It looks soo generic with that paste in name italicized feature. Funny thing is tho, I emailed them the day the letter was dated asking them my status and updating them on a few things. They replied within a few hours telling me that my application was still under consideration and that the admissions committee would make a decision soon. That was quick - just took a few hours.

Big sigh, since I really liked Pritizker. :( :( :(

What a crapshoot this whole medical school process is.

I got a letter from Boston Univ yesterday.

1st rejection didn't hurt that much... Georgetown, yesterday, pre-interview. after interviewing at top 2 choices already. i guess it would have hurt more if it was right away. i want to write them to request my $100 back.

miss bonnie and future doctor's wife-----

I can sympathize---I got BOTH BU adn Georegtown rejections yesterday!! Georgetown I can understand, but BU?! Two in one day is NOT fun.

And the Sox lost...............:(

greenie

No BU for me either

but
maybe

just maybe

the sox will win today:)

No love for me either from BU. I got my rejection letter yesterday. And Albany, CWRU and GTown rejected me post-secondary last month. Booooo!!!

what were your stats SonGoku, send a personal if you don't want to say...or nothing at all..of course..thanks