any questions about AZCOM housing/life/etc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jason_AZCOM

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

let me know if you have any questions about coming to AZCOM!!

also, I'm looking for a housemate (great place 1 mile from campus) if anyone is interested!!

jason

Members don't see this ad.

Jason-
Glad to see someone is on the ball enough to post something like this. I too still do not have a housing situation for next year. I will be an MS-I and really don't want to live in the on-campus housing, if at all possible. I would sort of like to get off campus a bit such that it would force me to explore the surrounding area. Suggestions as to specific places? I would be willing to pay a little more for something very nice, but at this point, I think a roommate would be an excellent option as I probably cannot afford a single bedroom apt. at some of the going prices. Also, is there any specific way you would recommend to go out and search for a potential roommate?
I would appreciate all the feedback you can offer on the matter.

Will Harris
[email protected]

I'm thinking of upgrading and am considering getting a laptop. My questions are these: How do people use computers generally? Just for email? Do people bring them to lectures and take notes on them? Is there any other way computers are used by students where the portability of a laptop would help? Are there library or other resources that people access via computers? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to be living with my brother next year, who works in Chandler so we are trying to find something about half way for both of us. We are looking into the Scottsdale, PV, and eastern Phoenix areas. Any suggestions on good apartment or condo complexes or areas to make both of our commutes a little easier-

Thanks-

Students in my class did not bring computers to class generally. The faculty provide great handouts and we just took notes on the handouts provided. There are computers in the library, in every building and another computer lab in the Cholla. They are in the process of building a student lounge and I am sure it will be equipt with additional computers. I enjoyed having a computer at home for emails. I was involved in clubs and student government nad it made it easy to access what was going on and last minute council issues. I would recommend having access to a computer at home unlesss you think you wil be doing most of your studying in the library!

My two cents!

a computer at home is great... a laptop would be a good idea though, especially if you plan on doing rotations in many areas....

as far as where to live, there are lots of good apartments and at least a few people such as myself who own houses and need roommates...

it really depends on how close you want to be to school and how "nice" an area you are comfortable living in....