Any programs that don't require the GRE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureEarDoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Besides Nova Southeastern, are there any Au.D programs that don't require the GRE? Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I didnt know NOVA didnt require the GRE. Are you 100% positive about that?
I know that on University of Nebraska's website it states that the GRE is not required, which I find weird. I would tkae the GRE to better your chances of getting into multiple programs.

Thanks

I'm 100% positive Nova doesn't require the GRE. Check out their website's admission requirements page.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why do you not want to take the GRE?

Why do you not want to take the GRE?

Standardized tests scare the hell out of me. I graduated Valedictorian from high school but only had a 24 on the ACT after 3 attempts. I just crack under pressure obviously. I also took the PSAT and did so horribly that I didn't even take the SAT's. I got a few books on studying for the GRE and I'm totally lost, especially with the verbal analogies and stuff. So I guess I'm trying to find schools that will look at my grades, volunteer work, research, essay, etc. and NOT GRE scores. I know I will do terrible so why bother. I'm not being negative...just realistic.

Standardized tests scare the hell out of me. I graduated Valedictorian from high school but only had a 24 on the ACT after 3 attempts. I just crack under pressure obviously. I also took the PSAT and did so horribly that I didn't even take the SAT's. I got a few books on studying for the GRE and I'm totally lost, especially with the verbal analogies and stuff. So I guess I'm trying to find schools that will look at my grades, volunteer work, research, essay, etc. and NOT GRE scores. I know I will do terrible so why bother. I'm not being negative...just realistic.

I can almost (but not quite) guarantee that all programs housed within a university's graduate school will require the GRE. The specific AuD program may not require the GRE but if the GRE is awarded through a university's graduate school, which it usually is, you will need to meet graduate school admission requirements. At my school, all doctoral degree applicants (from engineering to chemistry to audiology) must submit GRE scores. Programs designed to be within professional schools may have different requirements. For example, Salus University does not expressly require the GRE. They will also accept OAT, MCAT, and DAT scores. However, if you do not have a strong science background then you are better off taking the GRE.

Good luck!