Any Pre-DOs up for an online chat this weekend (Jan 17, 18, or 19)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SawBones

Transcendentalist
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
DrMom, myself, and a few others chatted online via the SDN chatroom this past weekend. It got me thinking... I have the upcoming weekend off and was curious if some of you pre-DO types might be interested in meeting myself and a few other DO students this weekend in the SDN chatroom? This would be a great opportunity for us to discuss all your thoughts and concerns about osteopathic medical school.

I'd prefer Saturday (Jan 18th) night myself, around 9pm Eastern.

Any takers?

Members don't see this ad.

what if we are still awaiting to hear our fate at DO schools...im up for it if that is the case!!!! Great idea!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll try and make it.

Only about 4 more schools to hear from (out of 16) two biggies including PCOM and NYCOM (OYE!)...

I think it'll be interesting/cool to be able to talk to SawBones in pseudo-person.

I am glad to hear that there is some interest. And I am especially glad to hear that DrMom might make it as well. I suppose there are no exams on the following Monday, eh? :)

EDIT: (server's driving me crazy-deleted multi-post)

and who can forget DrMom, hey do they teach you how to use that "mother's spit" to cure any diseases. That stuff really can take the chrome off a bumper...

SawBones: I'm in the clear for exams for the first 2 weeks, then its all over!

Homersimpson: Yep, those mom skills sure come in handy! :p

Hey I would like to chat!!!

I will probably be able to stop by if that's OK with everyone.

Don't want to upset anyone with my arrogant attitude. ;)

you can count me in as well... Considering I have an interview at COMP on tuesday and one at Touro on March 4th, I can use all the advise and knowledge that I can get a hold of! Boy am I nervous! "see" you all saturday at 8pm eastern.

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]

that sounds great....but i'm in los angeles...and i work in the hospital until around 7pm. So I might not be able to make it in the chat room until 10pm est.

unless it's slow enough in the hospital for me to sit down earlier. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am interested too! :) Sounds like fun!!

I will try to get on Saturday evening around 9.

Well, I know I'd love to know more about DO schools and being a DO student.

But, primarily, I really just want to "talk" with Sawbones. Or just read his replies. His posts are some of the funniest on SDN!

Of course, I'd also like to talk to JP and Dr. Mom too. I'll try and make it as well. Is it on Fri or Sat?

I work the evening shift (Pacific time) but if the ER and the rest of the hospital stays calm then I should be able to drop in, too!

Time of the chat tonight: (assuming daylight savings time)

Eastern: 9 pm
Central: 8 pm
Mountain: 7 pm
Pacific: 6 pm

my brain will not work beyond the two coasts, so anyone outside of that will have to figure it out on their own! ;)

is there a specific area of chat we are suppossed to go to?

or do we just click on chat and that's it?

Originally posted by SM-UCLA tech
is there a specific area of chat we are suppossed to go to?

or do we just click on chat and that's it?

Good question!

Click on chat. A box will pop up asking if you want to install & run IRC Applet. Click "yes." (you have to do this each time you get on...or at least I do)

The default name of "change me" comes up. Type your screen name in its place & click "connect now!" It'll run through a bunch of text really quickly & then you'll be in the conversation. A box on the right will say who is connected. You simply type in the box & click enter & it'll appear in the chat.

(looks like you may not have to do all of these steps if you enter through SDNs main page so don't be too surprised if you get to skip some steps. I usually connect through a different page.)

I look forward to chatting with everyone tonight! :D

or if you have mirc or another irc chat program you can connect to irc.studentdoctor.net and join the channel #studentdoctor or would it better to join in #preosteopathic ?

Originally posted by lmbebo
or if you have mirc or another irc chat program you can connect to irc.studentdoctor.net and join the channel #studentdoctor or would it better to join in #preosteopathic ?

join #studentdoctor

and, yes, immy. We'll be taking over SDN's chat for a while. ;)

Shamelessly bumping this to the top of the page for SawBones. ;)

Pre-DO -- DO student chat tonight 9 pm eastern time in SDN's chatroom.

Come & join us!