Any other vet students with disabilities?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eqvet4christ

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I am a vet student with a disability. I was wondering if there are other vet students out there with disabilities who would be willing to talk to me about your experiences in vet school with a disability. Do you know if your school offers any accomodations for students with disabilities during the 4th year clinical rotations? You are welcome to email me directly at [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

Eqvet4christ said:
Hi. I am a vet student with a disability. I was wondering if there are other vet students out there with disabilities who would be willing to talk to me about your experiences in vet school with a disability. Do you know if your school offers any accomodations for students with disabilities during the 4th year clinical rotations? You are welcome to email me directly at [email protected]

What kind of disability do you have may I ask? I'm 22 years old and thinking about going into vet school (probably start out as a vet assistant first to see if I like it) however I have a psych disability. I have depression with borderline personality disorder including anxiety attacks. I also have a learning disability.. my depression and anxiety caused me to drop out of high school and was planning on going back to school in the early 2004 until my mother passed away unexpected. it made me worse.

Take care.

Eqvet4christ said:

I have bilateral sensorineural hearing loss that has worsened some over my years of vet school. The accommodations that I ask for have been met. Specifically, that everyone on staff (clinicians, lecturers, nurses, interns, professors, and students doing group-work with me) is told about my disability to better facilitate communication. I asked for people to be aware and help me to avoid "bad hearing envrionments" such as the hallway in front of the dog wards (where dogs are barking loudly) or avoiding a particularly poor-acoustics room.

There are several others with disabilities in my class, but most are learning disabilities like dyslexia.