Any online post bachelors / masters program for dental ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elusive011

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering if there is any post bachelors / masters programs for dental students preferably post bach? I recently took the DAT and got a 19 AA / 19 TS, and previously had a 3.37 oGPA for my bachelors in biology.

It seems like i might have trouble getting into dental school so i wanted to see what my options are? If there was a fully online post bachelors id gladly do it if it improves my application. Im from south Florida and plan on going to NSU for dental school.

Members don't see this ad.

Online would be hard, because imo I think you should be taking upper division bio classes to boost your GPA and show schools you can handle hard classes, and those almost always have labs which you can't take online. I think you should instead retake your DAT and aim for a 22-23 to offset your slightly lower GPA <- would probably the better and cheaper course of action. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Yea shortly after posting this I think I decided on retaking the DAT for the short term at least. If need be, later on il take the masters program in person. I was literally looking for any option that didn't require a retake because i hated studying for the DAT but i think im just going to go for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
No dental school is going to take an online masters or SMP seriously.

Be careful that your pre-reqs don't expire. Unless you were active in academia since you took them, most schools have an expiration date on courses they accept.

Be careful that your pre-reqs don't expire. Unless you were active in academia since you took them, most schools have an expiration date on courses they accept.

Technically, I finished my bachelors of science on summer 2017 but took 2 microbiology courses after that the following semester being December 2017. Took about 4 months off (one semester, since I never took a term off since I started in 2013) and then started studying for the DAT for 6 months (feeling bad about this) and took it on November 2018. So I basically took a gap year and took the DAT in that time, Im now planning on retaking the DAT and will be applying early in June 2019 to dental school. I would've applied this past cycle that ended on December 2018 but the cycle would've ended by the time my DAT would have been official. The first science course I took was on Spring 2014 which was general chemistry

Would my pre reqs expire? Ive never considered this

Technically, I finished my bachelors of science on summer 2017 but took 2 microbiology courses after that the following semester being December 2017. Took about 4 months off (one semester, since I never took a term off since I started in 2013) and then started studying for the DAT for 6 months (feeling bad about this) and took it on November 2018. So I basically took a gap year and took the DAT in that time, Im now planning on retaking the DAT and will be applying early in June 2019 to dental school. I would've applied this past cycle that ended on December 2018 but the cycle would've ended by the time my DAT would have been official. The first science course I took was on Spring 2014 which was general chemistry

That should be okay for most schools. My sciences go back to 2010, and I didn't have to retake, but you should call to double check with their admissions office.

No

Wondering if there is any post bachelors / masters programs for dental students preferably post bach? I recently took the DAT and got a 19 AA / 19 TS, and previously had a 3.37 oGPA for my bachelors in biology.

It seems like i might have trouble getting into dental school so i wanted to see what my options are? If there was a fully online post bachelors id gladly do it if it improves my application. Im from south Florida and plan on going to NSU for dental school.

You’re fine. From your initial post I thought you had just decided after a few years to go back for Dental.

The schools I’ve encountered all list something along the lines of 5 years post completion of the course if you graduated a while ago.

I took my pre reqs 2010-11ish but was fine because I had continued with a post bacc/SMP after graduating.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN