Any obgyn residents still happy with their choice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SandP

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
We often hear the doom and gloom of residency. Any obgyn residents still happy?? Strongly considering the field but the hours kinda sorta scare me.

Members don't see this ad.

We often hear the doom and gloom of residency. Any obgyn residents still happy?? Strongly considering the field but the hours kinda sorta scare me.

Yes, third year resident and I think it’s a great field. I’m often happy at work on L&D, in the OR, in the clinic, and managing floor patients. There is some chance I would have better hours in another field but I can’t say that one of those fields would have aligned with my interests anyway, so I don’t really think about it. Potential bad outcomes for babies continues to be scary and I’m not sure that will change.

I’m a 4th year who recently signed a contract and I LOVE what I do. The hours suck and the anxiety is high about malpractice but honestly I couldn’t see myself doing anything else. Residency is the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life though, it’s definitely not for the faint of heart. If you have questions I’ll be glad to answer.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Hi
Please I want to enquire about residency application to Belgium universities to offer Obs and Gyanecology. I want to know the processes involved for someone coming in from a non Eu country. I also want to find out the costs involved in going through studies there.