Any news from Melbourne dental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eugene 38

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard news from melbourne dental school?
I didn't get any offrer from the school....
If you hear any news, please let me know...
Offer day was for dental program on Aug 13...
I'm so sad.......:(

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Anyone heard news from melbourne dental school?
I didn't get any offrer from the school....
If you hear any news, please let me know...
Offer day is for dental program is on Aug 13...
I'm so sad.......:(

I don't think they gave out any offers yestarday. That date on their website has not been updated since May, so they are probs just running behind a little

hey so did u hear from them yet?
im waiting too....

Members don't see this ad :)
They said applicants will be notified in the first week of September

I just got the news.....Im accepted to the Melbourne Dental Program. Good Luck everyone :) You can get the lowdown from the international office @ the University of Melbourne

I just got the news.....Im accepted to the Melbourne Dental Program. Good Luck everyone :) You can get the lowdown from the international office @ the University of Melbourne

R U international student? I didn't get any email and call from the school:(
How did u know that?

Last edited:

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope I can join you as one of the classmates next Feb..

Did you apply via ACER? or via Oztrekk? Do you mind sharing your stats?

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope I can join you as one of the classmates next Feb..

Did you apply via ACER? or via Oztrekk? Do you mind sharing your stats?

I just got an offer of admission!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't wait till Oztrekk send me notification, so I called them early this morning, and they told me that I was offered a place for the program!!!!!

Gd luck to you all! I will keep my fingers crossed for those who are waiting to hear the good news!:xf:

Last edited:
I just got the offer of admission!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't wait till Oztrekk send me notification, so I called them early this morning, and they (it was Cathy who was in charge of applications for DDS) told me that the I was offered a place in the program!!!!!

Gd luck to you all! I will keep my fingers crossed for those who are waiting to hear the good news!:xf:

Congrats Signal85. What are your stats (canadian GPA, DAT)? I hope all the offers have not gone out yet, because i have not heard anything. My stats are 3.7 last three years and 21 AA, 22TS. Hope they accepted all my pre-req's !!!!!!!

Congrats Signal85. What are your stats (canadian GPA, DAT)? I hope all the offers have not gone out yet, because i have not heard anything. My stats are 3.7 last three years and 21 AA, 22TS. Hope they accepted all my pre-req's !!!!!!!

Thanks Cunner! I think you will surely get the offer, given that your pre-reqs are all accepted and that your GPA is based on the last 3 years in full course loads (eg) 5.0 credits per year at U of T, so 15.0 credits in my case). My stats are not as strong as yours, with GPA of 3.5 and American DAT scores of 20 AA and 20 TS.

If you've applied via Australearn, it will take them some time (maybe a day or two) to process your offer letters, so just hang in there! :)

Thanks Cunner! I think you will surely get the offer, given that your pre-reqs are all accepted and that your GPA is based on the last 3 years in full course loads (eg) 5.0 credits per year at U of T, so 15.0 credits in my case). My stats are not as strong as yours, with GPA of 3.5 and American DAT scores of 20 AA and 20 TS.

If you've applied via Australearn, it will take them some time (maybe a day or two) to process your offer letters, so just hang in there! :)

Also, I think your stats are competitive enough to give a shot at American Dental school (although you may already know this). I have a friend who got an offer from NYU with the stats that are not as strong as yours. Yet, I DO hope that you get the offer from U of Melb, since it's gonna save a lot of time.

Hey there,

I've also just received an offer of admission for Melbourne's new DDS program. I'm still in a little bit of shock because I really wasn't expecting to get in, especially after having been rejected by Sydney, but I couldn't be happier. I suppose the 40 seats for international students was quite a blessing and perhaps the fact that Melbourne's new program isn't very well-known yet. That might change though once the accreditation agreement between Australia and Canada is common knowledge.

For those of you who were accepted and are going, where are you from? I'm assuming you're Canadian as well?

How many internationals were interviewed? How many did they take? did they take 100% of the internationals?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I still have not heard anything from UMel DDS !!!! Getting pretty worried now. I know that none of the domestic offers have gone out, but i wonder if all the international offers are already out???

At this point it looks like anyone who did no receive an offer will not be getting in. This really blows: I thought my stats were good enough.

AA: 20
TS: 19

How many internationals were interviewed? How many did they take? did they take 100% of the internationals?

I'm pretty sure that I've read from the school's official program website that international applicants for the Melbourne DDS program are NOT interviewed (I got an offer without the interview)... Are you talking about Melbourne DDS, or dental program from some other Ausie universities?

Has anyone else heard anything back from Melbourne? Any more acceptances? denials? Im still waiting for a response myself.

Has anyone else heard anything back from Melbourne? Any more acceptances? denials? Im still waiting for a response myself.

If I were you, I would call international office in University of melbourne.
I'm sure they will let you know about your status.
I hope good luck with you:oops:

Eugene when did you get your acceptance? and if you don't mind sharing your stats?

If I were you, I would call international office in University of melbourne.
I'm sure they will let you know about your status.
I hope good luck with you:oops:

Eugene when did you get your acceptance? and if you don't mind sharing your stats?

I got an acceptance on Aug 26. I called them, and they told me that.
My stats are about 3.5 GPA and US DAT of score 20.
If you don't get it this round,
you will get a good news on next round.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU:xf:

Last edited:
Thanks Eugene. I take it there will be more offers coming out after med offers come out because some have applied to both dent and med. Just wish they would actually inform people on whats going on.

congrats on your acceptance by the way

I got an acceptance on Aug 26. I called them, and they told me that.
My stats are about 3.5 GPA and US DAT of score 20.
If you don't get it this round,
you will get a good news on next round.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU:xf:

I would call international office. I was accepted a couple weeks ago. Hope this helps. Melbourne DDS

Did anyone who got an acceptance offer apply through ACER? or did you all apply directly to the international office or OzTREKK?

I think something smells a bit fishy: I had also applied via ACER and haven't received anything yet.

It looks like everyone who's applied via Oztrek has received an offer or an update on their application. What is going on?

i understand that melbourne doesnt publish its stats but was wondering if anyone knows whether or not they look at carving scores for the canadian dat?

Is there a facebook group up for Melbourne DDS students? With about 40 international spots will they be mostly Canadian and American students? I believe Sydney Bdent is a smaller class and they accept several canadian students each year for international spots. Just trying to get an idea of how the class make-up will be since its a brand new program.