Any new information on these sports & Spine fellowships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twocentnews

Resident
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any new information on the following places as sports and spine fellowships?

HSS Spine & Sports Medicine
Penn Spine & Sports Medicine
Desert Spine & Sports - Phoenix, AZ
Cleveland Clinic MSK fellowship
Johns Hopkins Spine & MSK
The Spine and Sports Center (Houston, TX with Dr. Benny)
Rothman Institute MSK and Pain Management
Kirkland Sports & Spine (Washington program, Dr. Stout was the director last time I checked)

Would love to hear from current or recently graduated fellows. Feel free to DM me if you're uncomfortable putting information publicly.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get any exposure to kypho or SCS? And what about MSK U/S?

Limited exposure to both. I do them now as an attending. They set up cadaver labs to perform both and some of the attendings did the procedures while others didnt.
As for US one of the attendings clinics was more sports based you did a bunch of US with him. He also had noon conferences to go over US, hands on, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Limited exposure to both. I do them now as an attending. They set up cadaver labs to perform both and some of the attendings did the procedures while others didnt.
As for US one of the attendings clinics was more sports based you did a bunch of US with him. He also had noon conferences to go over US, hands on, etc.

Was that Mike Schaefer by any chance?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Hey

I am currently a fellow at Desert Spine and Sports. I really like my experience here. Feel free to message or ask questions as needed.

Reactions: 2 users