any insight for NYCOM 2007?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Su4n2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i am still on a total high from my acceptance. i have that butterfly in the stomach in love feeling and i want to start tomorrow.
anyway, some questions...

1. how late does school go on on fridays?
2 if i am comuting from brooklyn, what time should i leave to beat the traffic?
3. this is a loans question. if i am married, can i still get money for living epenses?
4. when do you guys have winter break?

i am sure i'll think of more later, but that's it for now. Yeh! NYCOM:clap:

i really can't believe that i am going ot be a doctor:love:

Members don't see this ad.

hey i am a current NYCOM student. maybe I can be of help.

(1) If you are commuting from Brooklyn good luck. I assume you are taking the Belt, which is quite highly traveled. So it will be dificult for you. Fortunately, for you, you can sneak in late to most of the classes, except for one or two in which the professors lock the doors at exactly 7:55 am. You will learn more about this when you get here.

(2) Fridays, depending on which block you are in and what labs you have that day, let out at difft times. Anatomy lab usually lets out at 5, and OMM usually earlier, if you happen to have lecture most of the time they go through until 5 pm.

(3) financial Aid- as far as I know (and I am not married) every student is entitled to the full Stafford, which used to be 38500, but they are changing it for your class to about 42000. On top of that you can go for private loans, which NYCOM does not guarantee you will get but if you have half way decent credit it should be no problem. The max you can take out (including both private and Stafford) is 52000, the school will not approve a penny more. Since school costs apprx 28000 including insurance that doesnt leave much for a family, so I pray your husband can pick up the slack.

Hope this was informative....CONGRATS ON THE ACCEPTANCE! If you have ANY other questions, or if i was confusing, please email me and put NYCOM in the subject so I know who you are...:D

Thanx for a great reply and welcome to SDN. My husband will be working my 1st year and then going to school, we'll figure som. out. i can't wait to start. susan

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't try commuting from brooklyn 1st year. At least live clost to the school first year, and adjust. Once you are all settled in with the curriculum, then maybe you can pull off a drive like that. The belt is horrible. I have been stuck on it for 2 hours and more in the past! I came to a point where I was traveling on it at 4am in the morning because I could not take the traffic. Good luck.

Congrats on your acceptance!
Good luck with that drive.
Make sure that you enjoy your summer, don't even think about studying, just have fun.

Congratulations

As a second year student that just finished (today in fact!), I know the feeling. Good luck in all your endeavors and enjoy this summer off!!!!!!!

BDJ Class of 2005