Any info on the rumor that CS us harder now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

48 hours

provider of mexcellence
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all-

So, I have heard from a few classmates (though none of us have taken CS yet) that the exam is supposed to be "harder" now? Anyone have any more info on this or is this just BS?

Also, is 2004 FA for CS ok? Or is there a new one? Not sure if the exam has changed much since the 2004 version? Or if they just made the cut off for passing higher or what?

Thanks so much in advance for any thoughts.... I just want to get this waste-of-time-and-money piece of garbage test behind me. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all-

So, I have heard from a few classmates (though none of us have taken CS yet) that the exam is supposed to be "harder" now? Anyone have any more info on this or is this just BS?

Also, is 2004 FA for CS ok? Or is there a new one? Not sure if the exam has changed much since the 2004 version? Or if they just made the cut off for passing higher or what?

Thanks so much in advance for any thoughts.... I just want to get this waste-of-time-and-money piece of garbage test behind me. :cool:

dunno that the test is harder, just that we need to earn more points to pass. they raised the min pass rate (whatever it was before) on July 16th.

So it went from 65 points to 70 (completly guessing on this)

The exam material itself has not changed, but the passing criteria have been increased (as of 7/16/06) , so a larger number of test takers will fail the exam. I have no idea how much harder it is, just that they have increased the minimum passing performance.

As for FA, I'm sure the 2004 edition is fine. If you go through 3rd year, passing this thing should be no problem. I spent a total of 90 minutes studying for this test where I read the intro to FA for CS just so I would know what to expect come test day. It's really not an exam that needs to be studied for. If you are really nervous about it, practice doing 15 minute focused H&P's on your classmates, but like I said, going through 3rd year should be all the practice you need to pass this.