Any info on Mercy, CWPOST or SUNY Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PREMEDWOAHS

dare to dream
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the dirt about the DPT programs at Mercy College in NY, CW Post - Brooklyn, or SUNY Downstate? Any rumors or heard good things, difficulty in admissions etc.? Im looking at my cheap local options.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Not ignoring you here mate, I just don't know squat about the great state of New York. For what it's worth, I've seen great PT's come out of many different programs. I think what you do after school is possibly more important that what you get during school. Just my 2 yen. Good luck.

Mercy's program attracts a lot of PTA's who are working towards their PT degree and also people who are working full time since it is a weekend program. I am a clin ed coordinator at a NYC hospital and we see students from both Mercy and Downsate. Both seem to have good programs. The NY CUNY program with the best rep is definately Hunter College. It is a very competetive program-less expensive and filled with extraordinary instructors. These students are always more comparable to our Columbia and NYU students from a knowledge perspective. Touro College has a great program and a Manhattan campus. They are a little pricier but not at the level of the bigger name schools. Another state option is SUNY Stonybrook. They set up a Manhattan based campus a few years ago but i have not heard much about it in the past 2 years. Stonybrook has a great rep as well (and is much cheaper!).

Good Luck to you.