Any Info on Maryland OMFS Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Xigris14

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. Could anyone give me info about Maryland OMFS Program? I am curious about the faculty, especially Ord. Scope. Clinics, Hospital and Location.
I see Baltimore can be a scary city but then again most big cities have there shady parts.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I know nothing about the program but the school is in a fairly decent area of the city, just stay east of MLK.

Hi. Could anyone give me info about Maryland OMFS Program? I am curious about the faculty, especially Ord. Scope. Clinics, Hospital and Location.
I see Baltimore can be a scary city but then again most big cities have there shady parts.

Thanks

From what I hear, the program itself is very intense, but I'm assuming most, probably all OMFS programs are intense. The experience, though, is excellent. You cover all areas of OMFS. The faculty will beat the hack out of you when it comes to knowing and understanding patient care and patient treatment. Nevertheless, though, they're fun and can make a joke. They expect you to be on top of everything, but then again, you will learn a ton. It's a great program. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I hear, the program itself is very intense, but I'm assuming most, probably all OMFS programs are intense. The experience, though, is excellent. You cover all areas of OMFS. The faculty will beat the hack out of you when it comes to knowing and understanding patient care and patient treatment. Nevertheless, though, they're fun and can make a joke. They expect you to be on top of everything, but then again, you will learn a ton. It's a great program. Good luck.

This is hillarious. He starts off by saying he has "heard" something. And then concludes ii is a great program. Too funny. While I think there is some great information on this forum, certainly there is a lot of BS. Some programs seem to be over-represented and thus are anointed great programs. I have kept in good touch with guys I interviewed with, and many are at programs that have never been mentioned, and they are getting excelent experience. The same goes for people I have met that are at programs that consitently get tremendous praise here, and they are slightly disappointed.

As for Maryland, I have heard it sucks. It's a crappy program.

As for Maryland, I have heard it sucks. It's a crappy program.

Yeah but I have heard things from people and I think it's great!

When I interviewed I had huge expectations for some places and nothing for others and more often then not, I was either dissapointed when I was at 'the greats' and blown away at how neat the 'lessers' were. As far as SDN status, you're right, all it takes is a bit of extra attention and SDNers think someplace is awesome whether it's worth it or not.