any incoming post bacc LECOMer's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KylieP54

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
Just wonderin if there was anyone that will be starting LECOM's post bacc next month. I'll be there! Didn't get off their waitlist for med school, so I have to do this program. anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

KylieP54
Im coming to erie to do the lecom post bac as well. I havent recieved anything other than an exceptance letter as of yet. Has anybody else recieved anything? I am excited though. I would love to hear any comments on the program or anything at all about it.

Hey guys,

I applied to the post-bac program last week. How long did it take you guys to hear from them after you submitted everything? I just hope I get accepted soon, so I can go there and find a place to live. Have you guys found a place there yet?

Thanks!

One more thing, in case you guys aren't aware, they put up the fall schedule for the LECOM Post-Bac on the website, looks pretty intense. The link is below...

http://www.lecom.edu/academics/PostBacSchedule.pdf

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Wonderboy,
I got accepted two weeks after I applied! I was so surprised, it was very soon. I just got my orientation schedule and fall semester schedule today...i'm glad we only take at most three classes at a time though...OH, and why do we have class on friday night??!!! They told me Mon through thurs only! that sucks sooo bad!

I recieved mine about 1.5-2 weeks after I applied as well. I was also under the impression that there were not going to be classes on fridays. I looked at the schedule and it looks like we only have class on friday 8 times 3 in september 3 in october and 1 each in november and december. Oh well.

Yeah, I was wondering where it said "Independent Study for med term". I didn't know if that entailed us to be at school or not. That is much better, but I still wonder what that means. i think there's a CD that comes with the med term book, we probably have to do something with that or study by ourselves I guess. Who knows!

I hope not! I hope we can stay home and study. Have you heard anything about the dress code for post bacs? I hope its more casual than the osteopathic program.

I was just wondering the same thing about the dress code. I called the school last week and I spoke to Leigh Ann, and she said the dress code is professional. I asked her will that information be in the orientation packet and she said yes. (there was no such thing). I might have to call the school again to re-verify the dress code.

wasn't in my orientation packet either, but I have had so many people ask me that question. I refuse to call Leigh Ann because she is so "not nice" to me for some reason! Oh well...but if it's professional, I would assume we do have to dress up or at least look nice, like no jeans or tennies, stuff like that. if anyone finds out for sure please post! cant wait to meet you guys!

Originally posted by KylieP54
Yeah, I was wondering where it said "Independent Study for med term". I didn't know if that entailed us to be at school or not. That is much better, but I still wonder what that means. i think there's a CD that comes with the med term book, we probably have to do something with that or study by ourselves I guess. Who knows!

The "Independent Study for med term" applies only to the people in the DO program. For us Post-baccs we have to be in class, for three hours 5 times a week.

I also hope the dress code is only for DO students, I have wearing shirts and ties, feeling like I am being choked!

Have you heard anything from financial aid? I sent my info in about a month and a hald ago and havent heard anything yet. I also am curious to see how many are going to be in our class. Reading a dull a** book on friday nights is going to be pretty rough! I hope there is some lee way.

Thats great I had emailed Leigh Ann(sp) in mid april and she had said they were hoping to enroll about 70 in the program this year. I was a little concerned that was about double the number of last years class(46).

When did you get the number 30-40?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my financial aid yesterday (saturday), the day after my orientation packet came. So we do have to be in class on friday, boo!!:( :( :(

How much does LECOM's post bacc cost? Is there a strong linkage program with the med school?

Leigh Ann just emailed me back and said....
You have to wear a shirt and tie at all times during class or orientation. Lab's are the only exception. That is standard LECOM dress code. There will probably be around 50 students in the program....
I think there is probably a big influx of people after all the DO schools have started and people realize they are not getting off the waitlist.

Independent study means the same as "Distance Education"....meaning you do it on your own time ( unless the school has changed its policy). Dont sweat post back...I worked while doing post bac....and had quite an extensive social life (lots of beer). I actually recommend working while in....many jobs are available at school....library, fitness, research, etc. The dress code for lecom is (if you read the student manual) is from 8-4:30. We were told during post bac that it was business casual....but soon everyone was in Ts and jeans...and since the dean is not there and she is the only one who cares about the dress code....dont worry too much.
stomper
MSIII lecom and post bac (2000-2001)

Hey everyone,
Ok, so i emailed brian simmonsen, the assistant of the post bacc and he gave me some answers. Yes, you do have to dress professional for the post bacc, it's lecom's rule I guess. also, where it says independent study for med term, we are NOT in class...it is understood that you do this on your own. also, for people reapplying to the DO program, you can use the same letters of rec that you used initially, and upon request, you can have dr. nassirri write you another rec. lecom interviews you after you have completed your first semester with good grades (3.0 or above(. after that, your acceptance is contingent upon you doing well the second semester, so you need to finish post bacc having done well in order to be accepted.. Laptops are not necessary for class, but you can hook them up and use them, he said it'll help with notes a lot. I think that's it! good luck guys! any questions, email brian, he's awesome!
Kylie

Well guys I just got accepted to the Post-bac. Anyhow I was wondering if everyone has found a place to live.

I have to start looking for one, can you guys recommend any place? Thanks

Congrats on your acceptance! I am living in Granada, and I"m more than sure you will hear horrible things about the place. I personally got very very lucky, and have an apartment with brand new carpeting and repainted walls, and I don't have a problem with it at all. Unfortunately, I don't really know of any other nice places...heard that Mill Glenn, Baldin Hawthorne (which is in the same place as Granada) are good ones.

I went to erie house hunting about a month ago and it was bleak IMHO especially for students. There is a apartment guide that you can pick up at almost any realtor that might help also goerie.com. Good Luck!

Just wondering if you all are getting ready for the big day! one more week of freedom~!

Can someone tell me where and when we need to be on the first day of orientation? I lost my papers in the move to Erie. Thanks

Good Luck with orientation today!!!!
stomer