Any Help Appreciated!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tunn3lVision

Jack's Raging Ambition
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

i've been reading these threads for a long time but this is the first time i've posted here.

although i hope to someday go into the surgical field, my question today is not about that.

i have to do a presentation on medical technology and how it is used in treating, and diagnosing brain tumors. can someone please tell me a website or something where i could find a list of all the equipment and surgical tools used when doing a craniotomy??

i was going to post in the pre med forum but i thought i would get better info in this thread:D

thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

i've been reading these threads for a long time but this is the first time i've posted here.

although i hope to someday go into the surgical field, my question today is not about that.

i have to do a presentation on medical technology and how it is used in treating, and diagnosing brain tumors. can someone please tell me a website or something where i could find a list of all the equipment and surgical tools used when doing a craniotomy??

i was going to post in the pre med forum but i thought i would get better info in this thread:D

thank you in advance!

How about I move this to the Neurosurg forum for ya? They would be better euipped with that info.

For diagnostics look up things like MRI, CT, Angiography (traditional, MR angiography and CT angiography). D

uring the procedure they may use a Stealth system or Brainlab for localization (which is a type of 3-D imaging).

For the actual operation they might use a pneumatic-based system for opening the skull (Midas Rex by medtronic is one type). They'll often use an operating microscope (check out Zeiss brand). They may also use intraoperative neurophysiologic monitoring or cortical mapping. There are also intraoperative MRI systems, intraopeartive ultrasound, and fluoroscopy.