Any good outside educational resources?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Biofilm preventer

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any educational resources that any of you have come across that wouldnt mind sharing where we can learn very valuable information and skills in dentistry? I am a current student set on general dentistry but i really want to broaden my knowledge in this field which feels like there is just an unlimited amount of valuable material to learn.

I enjoy watching youtube videos from Stevenson dental solutions, as well as Dental Minute with steven cutbirth, and am looking ones similiar to these that just feel like a treasure trove in invaluable information.

It doesn't only have to be videos on youtube. Maybe if anyone knows any textbooks to pick up, or any newspapers subscriptions to subscribe to that will be great. I am subscribed to dentaltown and receive their magazines monthly along with JADA. I truly just enjoy spending some time learning and furthuring my education and knowledge in the field and would love for some more resources.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

I like Academy of General Dentistry periodicals. Since you're still a student, you may join at a large discount. Dentistry Today periodicals are free so you can sign up for them. Good references are Functional Occlusion by Peter Dawson, Pathways of the Pulp and Color Atlas of Endodontics. I find John Kois to be very inspiring. Try to attend dental conventions. Sometimes dental manuf companies like Dentsply Sirona, Kerr SybronEndo, Bio Nobel implants could offer free CE and or lunch and learn. YouTube wasn't available early in my career and I find it very valuable.

It's possible to find a study club or go to CE events for free/discounted if you look around in your area. I've noticed that usually the events are run by multispeciality offices, endo/perio. It's also super fun to get out and meet practicing dentists.