Any good materials for refreshing on interpreting radiographs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheSandlapper

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know any good videos or ce on radiographic interpretation? I’m a 2021 grad so I’m still pretty new and I sometimes doubt myself on my ability to accurately assess what I’m looking at, up to now I’ve had instructors who would double check everything but now that I don’t have that I’d like to know that I’m really catching everything and that I’m not misinterpreting what I do see.

Members don't see this ad.

"Ask 10 dentists get 11 different answers"

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
It's tough sometimes honestly. I'd post your radiographs on dental town or dental nachos and get a bunch of other eyes to confirm if you are seeing something or not.

One of my mentors told me this, and I also think its a good idea to have a texting group with 2-3 of your d school classmates, and quickly send an xray or image and get their opinion on what they think when pt is in chair and you aren't 100% sure of something

Members don't see this ad :)
It's tough sometimes honestly. I'd post your radiographs on dental town or dental nachos and get a bunch of other eyes to confirm if you are seeing something or not.

One of my mentors told me this, and I also think its a good idea to have a texting group with 2-3 of your d school classmates, and quickly send an xray or image and get their opinion on what they think when pt is in chair and you aren't 100% sure of something

Lol. I posted some BWs on both DentalTown and Dental Nachos on Facebook and asked for caries diagnosis & treatment. It was amazing to see the wide variety of difference of opinions. No wonder why patients are distrustful of us.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
You can go here for some practice and refresher on caries detection. They have modules you can go through or print the PDF

ICDAS

Reactions: 1 user