Any Current UNLV SOM Students Here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allthingsmedical

Reaction score
I would like to know current student perspective on UNLV curriculum, as well as overall opinion about the school. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a second year at UNLV. I love the school and have never regretted attending here. I am currently studying for step and so far I feel the curriculum has really prepared me for it.

PBL is amazing and really helps with learning.

Anatomy is okay--it has a ton of potential that the following classes will get to benefit from.

The primary care clerkship is really good too. In the beginning you feel out of place cause you really don't know much but as you advance through the difference systems things start to click.

The staff is really amazing too! I have had very few negative interactions - if any - with the staff. They are truly there to help you succeed.

If you have any further questions feel free DM me.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm a second year at UNLV. I love the school and have never regretted attending here. I am currently studying for step and so far I feel the curriculum has really prepared me for it.

PBL is amazing and really helps with learning.

Anatomy is okay--it has a ton of potential that the following classes will get to benefit from.

The primary care clerkship is really good too. In the beginning you feel out of place cause you really don't know much but as you advance through the difference systems things start to click.

The staff is really amazing too! I have had very few negative interactions - if any - with the staff. They are truly there to help you succeed.

If you have any further questions feel free DM me.

Thank you so much for taking the time to give feedback, I really appreciate it. I'll take you up on your DM invitation too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Moving to pre-med school specific discussions. Current med students can still come answer questions here.

I don't understand the reasoning behind the move. This thread is now in the mix with all the school specific threads for the current application cycle and doesn't seem to fit the context of that sub-forum. As a thread, rather than a lone comment/question, it would seem to me that it's original location in the MD student forum is more appropriate than the new location.

When you have a moment, will you please clarify the justification for moving this thread to the school specific forum?

Additionally, I posted a similar question within the UNLV SOM thread in the school specific forum around the same time I created this thread.

I don't understand the reasoning behind the move. This thread is now in the mix with all the school specific threads for the current application cycle and doesn't seem to fit the context of that sub-forum. As a thread, rather than a lone comment/question, it would seem to me that it's original location in the MD student forum is more appropriate than the new location.

When you have a moment, will you please clarify the justification for moving this thread to the school specific forum?

Additionally, I posted a similar question within the UNLV SOM thread in the school specific forum around the same time I created this thread.
The medical students forum is intended for discussion of topics relevant to current medical students, not as a place to come ask med students questions. As a general policy we move threads from prospective students to the pre-med forum.

Discussion of a specific school and the pros/cons of their curriculum isn't really helpful to current students at that school or anywhere else.