Any consequences for not completing credentialling?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sylvanthus

Attending
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Started the process with Sound physicians for a per diem gig, pay is decent for nights, 300/hr, however my motivation to complete allllll the BS paperwork is just not there. Just looking at the task list and required docs and yearly compliance training, acls recert, etc etc, im looking at 30+ hours of paperwork and “training.” For….a…..per….diem….job I may or may not even pick up many hours at.

I have signed the contract but its contingent on getting credentialling done in a timely manner. If I bounce and say F it, any consequences besides pissing off sound?

Report to national provider network or whatever the hell that thing is?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
nope. They will just drop you and I guess can blacklist but sound is a shady cmg from what I hear.

Members don't see this ad :)
No consequences.

I hate credentialing. I never want to do credentialing again.

Reactions: 2 users
Same here.

I was going to credential at a neighboring hospital for perdiem stuff.

Signed the offer letter.

After I got the stack of nonsense, I cancelled the whole deal.

Hospitals need to realize that the clown**** credentialing process they all use prevents them from obtaining new talent.

For all the evils we expound upon regarding CMGs, when i was on their strike team, they did all the paperwork for me and all I had to do was sign. It was so nice.

Reactions: 5 users
Same here.

I was going to credential at a neighboring hospital for perdiem stuff.

Signed the offer letter.

After I got the stack of nonsense, I cancelled the whole deal.

Hospitals need to realize that the clown**** credentialing process they all use prevents them from obtaining new talent.

For all the evils we expound upon regarding CMGs, when i was on their strike team, they did all the paperwork for me and all I had to do was sign. It was so nice.
I just tell the hospital to look me up online. My average 1 star review from angry family members that I can't completely reverse all chronic and non-reversible acute medical conditions speaks for itself.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I will say this in a candid way. Don't work for them. It's awful.

Nah. There's a small company that does a bunch of Critical Access places in the south and had a couple I was interested in. They sent me the 40+ page, photocopied application. Once I looked it over, I realized that the credentialing, licensing, and DEA headaches weren't worth it. They've never called or emailed me since.

Reactions: 1 user
Glad I'm not the only one who's done this. I wouldn't make a habit of it though