Any Bangaloreans?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey pallavi

check ur PM! where are u?

Members don't see this ad.

I am from bangalore too. I see so many people from bangalore in this forum. But, I havent met many in my class though. Infact, I have come across just one student who speaks kannada.

By the way, Dr. Berthold from UPenn knows a lot about dental schools in Karnataka. He surprised me with his knowledge about the political situation back home and about a certain chief minister and his penchant for making local garages into full fledged dental colleges.

Dr. hannibal

dr_hannibal,
If u take a poll or something, (im sure u don't have the time but hypothetically :D ) You'll find that a lot of people who are from bangalore (like me) are originally from another state altogether (again, like me) but whose parents fell in love with the city and decided to move there (u guess it.. like me). My old dental school was full of kids who were not kannadiga, but called bangalore home. This would account for the relative lack of kannada speaking students at NYU (am I making sense??? :p). I don't know why u see so few bangaloreans in your school, almost all the ones I knew in my school are headed westward.. and are trying to get into a school as we speak. so you might get to practice kannada with one of your juniors. altho' if I get into NYU, the only thing i might be able to say to u in kannada is 'Aaa madi!'
:D

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry for the delay!!! check ur pm.

pallavi

Originally posted by DentalSupremo
You mentioned that you graduated from RVDC. Which batch do you belong. Iam from ODC and have lot of friends from RVDC.

Hi Dental Supremo,

I'm from TODC too. I'm from the 4th batch.....Lot of Oxfordites here!!

hi there!!
please lemme know if anyone's got interview call from uop for the 16 17 18 march 04.also ,responding to a different thread,iam from beautiful bangalore too!!

Originally posted by dr_hannibal
I am from bangalore too. I see so many people from bangalore in this forum. But, I havent met many in my class though. Infact, I have come across just one student who speaks kannada.

Namaskara! Well, you have a lot of us kannadigas here in this forum!!! There weren't any when I was in school, either :-((

Originally posted by dr_hannibal
By the way, Dr. Berthold from UPenn knows a lot about dental schools in Karnataka. He surprised me with his knowledge about the political situation back home and about a certain chief minister and his penchant for making local garages into full fledged dental colleges.

Dr. Berthold knows about Indian political situation as he visited a few yrs back, I think. Yeah, he knows about 20 or so dental schools in B'lore and how the system works in some schools....

kpat

hi i am from mangalore...............
overnight journey from bangalore................................
studying at CODS mangalore..............................manipal university......................................:D :cool:

Hi....I'm a new member here.Good to see so many Bangloreans here.....I'm from B'lore too.I completed my bachelors from GDC B'lore.:)

Hi Blr,
i sent youa PM a week or so back. Just wondering whether you got it. Let me know.

Thank U Tasha.....am really glad to have found this site......So how did ur interviews go?All the best to u & a very happy new year too:)

Thank you MOKSHA, happy holidays to u too.. My interviews are scheduled for Jan.. starting the new yr off with a bang. :D

Compliments of the season to everyone.. I really miss bangalore this time of the year.. the lights, the decorations, the choir at St. Patricks, getting crushed on commercial street during the pre-xmas rush! May the new year bring peace, happiness and success to you all. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys....this is manisha.....am not from b'lore but have a couple of friends from collgs out there....looks like there are a lot of them there.....anyways nice to be a part of this forum....
hey moksha! i have frnds from gdc too.....check your pm.
wishing all, a happy new year in advance!
manisha.

hey bangaloreans !

Iam from b'lore too ...and moksha I am from gdc too ! which batch r u from ?

This is great ! so many b'loreans ...

cheers,
lebelle

happy new year guys!! :clap:

hie,
nice to c so many people from bangalore..i graduated from rguhs,banglore. in 2002..

i need help..i want to know abt statement of purpose..i dont know wht exactly i need to mention in statement. ..can u advice me plz..

good luck for u all..hope all ur prayers r answered..
bye..

Originally posted by kewlgal

i need help..i want to know abt statement of purpose..i dont know wht exactly i need to mention in statement. ..can u advice me plz..

Henna posted some useful links on the Links of interest.... thread.

They tell you what to do with the SOP (statement of purpose).

Hi
I wanted to know how to get a consolidated marks card from bangalore university,Do i need to go through the college or apply in the university itself.
thanks in advance

Hello Everyone,
I'm new to this thread system so please forgive me and let me know if there are any mistakes. i have given my NDBE part 1 in july 2003 and i have applied to U.Penn and boston U. i'm still waiting for a reply.as far as figures go i got 86 on part 1, 263 on TOEFl CBT and 3.53 on my GPA by ECE. I studied in mangalore but i am from Bangalore which is why i posted my message on this thread

by the way

anyone from ABSMIDS mangalore

but i still didn't understand why are you being so apologetic????

Originally posted by lasjy
Hello Everyone,
I'm new to this thread system so please forgive me and let me know if there are any mistakes. i have given my NDBE part 1 in july 2003 and i have applied to U.Penn and boston U. i'm still waiting for a reply.as far as figures go i got 86 on part 1, 263 on TOEFl CBT and 3.53 on my GPA by ECE. I studied in mangalore but i am from Bangalore which is why i posted my message on this thread

Hi Lasjy,
Welcome !
Feel free to ask questions. No one here will reprimand you for posting your thoughts or questions, if a topic has already been talked about previously one of us will direct you to the link or let you know where to look it up. We have a wonderful community here I am sure you'll like it .
When you have the time try to surf through the threads and stickies in this forum it'll give a lot of information.

it seems that most od the SDN members are bangolorian....unfortunately...iam not...:mad:

HENNA...NO IT DOESENT,BUT,AT LEAST YOU HAVE MANY PEOPLE RELATED TO YOU HERE ON THIS FORUM,YOU KNOW, MANY PEOPLE FROM THE SAME COUNTRY...ITS JUST AN ENVIOUS ISSUE THATS ALL ....NOTHING PERSONAL HENNA.:rolleyes:

I doubt if any of us are related to each other. Anyways, why the sarcastic smiley ?

henna..i read this thread so i found that many or lets say must of the people here are from a reigon or a country called bangalore,large number of people though,maily dentist,i thought to my self that its kind of exciting to be,cause lot of challenge and each one of you will be more concern about his fellow citizen,thats all...i just smiled,i dident find it sarcastic so dont be sensitive henna...anyway,,,have a good day henna.

Ah ! In a while you'll get the hang of using proper smileys too :)

Welcome to SDN !

hey henna,
thank you for welcoming me.i'm fresh out of dental school and new to this this system.can u please guide me on the quote system and explain the private messaging.the instructions given in the 1dt few threads were cumbersome.thanx

Try the trail and error method worked well for most of us here :).

To send a PM select the post of the person you want to send a PM to and click on "pm". You can see the option of "profile", "pm", "search", "buddy" below every post.

I am from Bangalore too. Great to meet so many from Bangalore.

Any body out there who studied in SJM dental college or Rajiv Gandhi dental college or worked in either places?

Hey caninus,
Good for you that you are a citizen.You'll have a wider variety of schools to apply..
all the very best:)

Hey Caninus,
Lucky for you that you are an American citizen.you would have a wider variety of schools to select from..All the best..

Hi Caninus..
Lucky if someone gets the help of God!!I think his recommendation really works!!!:clap:

I belong to the most common applicant group..ie Indian female..:)

hi...
i am a born bangalorean:D (meaning i was born in bangalore)

great city...lovely poepl
did my bds in mangalore ABSMIDS .I saw another person frm the same school. hey mayb i know u. I was in the batch of rajiv gandhi university.

ahhh...im digging up this thread from the dead, but oh well. Im from bangalore too..i'll be at M.S Ramaiah college starting this fall...so if anyone from there is on there..holla to y'all!

I too graduated Rajiv Gandhi University. I am from Mangalore .
Glad to know that there are so many people from Karnataka . :)

veena said:
I am ur bathmate.GUESS?U can PM me.

Wow ! Did u say BATHMATE!!! :confused: That's hard to forget for anybody :D ..

yellaru chennagidhera????