Any Advice for Saturday's PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lynzee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I was wondering if anyone could provide a little advice regarding this Saturday's PCAT. One thing specifically that I was wondering is how everyone kept atrack of the timing. I already did a search and was not successful. Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

lynzee said:
Hello!
I was wondering if anyone could provide a little advice regarding this Saturday's PCAT. One thing specifically that I was wondering is how everyone kept atrack of the timing. I already did a search and was not successful. Thank you in advance!

The only trouble I had with timing was in the math section...you also might want to carefully pace yourself in the chemistry section too! Usually, before the test starts, you should ask your prompter to give you a 5 minute warning!

and wear a watch. There is no guarantee there will be a working clock in the room. And you don't want proctors to wonder why you are looking around. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's been a few years since I took the PCAT. I worked chemistry problems from the chapters in my text book. I did sample tests, but didn't use any PCAT books for pure studying. I listened to the Audio Learn tapes for a biology review.

For those taking the test, go to bed early the night before and get a good night's sleep. Don't drink any alcohol that evening. Eat breakfast in the morning.

cure4cancer said:
Hey i was also wondering, which books did you guys use to study?
is kaplan/princeton review any good?

Kaplan, Barron's, Cliff's notes Chemistry, Peterson's, and PCAT professor! The ones that helped the most? PCAT professor and Kaplan's even though Kaplan's 2004-2005 edition is currently outdated!