any acceptance letter from schools starting FALL 2014?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hotpebbles

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i can't wait....:vamp:

:confused::highfive:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have received one from Texas Tech & one from University of Toledo for Fall 2014

I haven't heard anything yet from any of the Philadelphia-area schools :(

I haven't heard anything yet from any of the Philadelphia-area schools :(

i just received an e-mail from U. Pitt saying that my file is currently under review and "look forward to the possibility of including you in our next class of MOT students."

godness!! i try not to put too much meaning into these type of e-mails, but cannot resist esp. the quoted part. lol~

i just received an e-mail from U. Pitt saying that my file is currently under review and "look forward to the possibility of including you in our next class of MOT students."

godness!! i try not to put too much meaning into these type of e-mails, but cannot resist esp. the quoted part. lol~

I got that same email this morning. Exciting and nerve-wracking! From stalking these threads it looks like in the past years, people find out if they're accepted or not within a week or so of getting that email...

I got that same email this morning. Exciting and nerve-wracking! From stalking these threads it looks like in the past years, people find out if they're accepted or not within a week or so of getting that email...

r u serious??!! i wish that's true for U. Pitt this year as well!! whether it's an acceptance or not i need to know~ sooner the better.
cross my fingers.

good luck rcludo. what's your 1st choice?

r u serious??!! i wish that's true for U. Pitt this year as well!! whether it's an acceptance or not i need to know~ sooner the better.
cross my fingers.

good luck rcludo. what's your 1st choice?

I hope it's true this year too! But I'm sorry if I got your hopes up and they take longer!!
I don't really have a strong first choice, actually. I'm from the west coast so my east coast schools are higher on my list just for a change of scenery. Aside from that it will depend on tuition and funding and all that. You?

Good luck to you too! I hope we know soon!!

I hope it's true this year too! But I'm sorry if I got your hopes up and they take longer!!
I don't really have a strong first choice, actually. I'm from the west coast so my east coast schools are higher on my list just for a change of scenery. Aside from that it will depend on tuition and funding and all that. You?

Good luck to you too! I hope we know soon!!

yup. me too. depends on tuition/financial aid.
but from the amount of stress i'm going through right now, i'll gladly accept the first one that puts me out of misery :soexcited: cuz all of the schools i applied are private or out-of-state schools and there aren't dramatic differences in tuition.

Members don't see this ad :)
wow. i'm jealous. :wow:

but super congrats!!:biglove:
when did you apply to those schools? and when did they send you the acceptance letter?
Thanks:) I applied at the beginning of september & each school took about a month after that

I got accepted to Washington University St. Louis, but I haven't heard back from any other schools! I'm anxiously waiting!

I have received word from Indiana State University and Washington University in St. louis. I have decided to decline Indiana State and am fairly certain I'll be attending Washington's OTD in fall.

just received e-mail from UIC and it starts like this:
"Even though you're probably more interested in hearing about an admission decision from the university,.....blahblah " :X3::cautious:

anyway, talks about campus housing...
i guess it's better than nothing. haha.:whistle:

Hi guys!
I applied to Thomas Jefferson, Temple, Pitt, Ohio State, Sacred Heart, and Utica in early September.
So far I have heard word about an interview for Utica (almost immediately) and I just received an invitation to interview at Sacred Heart today.
I also received an email from a current student in the OT program at Thomas Jefferson asking me if I have any questions about the school or program, I'm not sure what to make of this or if I should see it as a good sign, but it was very helpful nonetheless. I know that Don said we will hear back from TJ the week before Thanksgiving, and if we don't hear back then we won't hear back until January.
And the only thing that I have heard from the others is that my app is complete and ready for review, but I know OSU won't have decisions until February at the earliest.
The wait is absolutely killing me. I hope we all find out soon...:bang:

I am applying to Thomas Jefferson as well, and I received an email from a student too and didn't exactly know where it was coming from or what prompted it. I'm (also) hoping that it means that we are more on the schools radar screen and that a student isn't emailing every applicant! Who knows though, I feel like all my schools are later (even the rolling admissions ones like TJ, temple, Pittsburgh and D'youville).

I am applying to Thomas Jefferson as well, and I received an email from a student too and didn't exactly know where it was coming from or what prompted it. I'm (also) hoping that it means that we are more on the schools radar screen and that a student isn't emailing every applicant! Who knows though, I feel like all my schools are later (even the rolling admissions ones like TJ, temple, Pittsburgh and D'youville).

I haven't received any emails from a student at TJ...when did you guys receive these emails?

Reactions: 1 user
i received an e-mail from Brianna Schwoyer (a student @ TJ) as well. it is dated 11/8 and talks about open house on 11/23.

As for Phil U,
received a second e-mail today regarding invitation to info session online. The first invitation was on 10/8.

i received an e-mail from Brianna Schwoyer (a student @ TJ) as well. it is dated 11/8 and talks about open house on 11/23.

Same here - same student, same content, everything.

As for Phil U,
received a second e-mail today regarding invitation to info session online. The first invitation was on 10/8.

Yup it was last friday, 11/8. I had a different student email me, but she just asked if I had questions about the program or school and reminded me about the open house. Same deal.

Yup it was last friday, 11/8. I had a different student email me, but she just asked if I had questions about the program or school and reminded me about the open house. Same deal.

Have any of you who received these emails already attended an open house? Maybe they send the emails to students who haven't yet been to an info session...

is the open house the same as the info sessions?

i think TJ is doing a pretty good job, compared to other schools at least, in making whatever they send to students more personal and ultimately promoting their school.
if i end up going to TJ, i wonder if i would be writing one of those e-mails to new applicants next year stating how wonderful TJ is. lol~

Have any of you who received these emails already attended an open house? Maybe they send the emails to students who haven't yet been to an info session...

didn't and cannot attend open house/info session due to physical distance and $$$.
i live in CA and it's too expensive to fly to a different state when i don't even know whether i'm accepted or not.
but probably can attend the online info session.

I haven't been to an open house because I am still in school and the dates have not worked out for me. Don came to my school last week and I attended that, but I wish I could visit because I really want to check out the campus! I agree that TJ is doing an awesome job at keeping in touch with us. It's been great.

those of you who have received a letter from a current tju student- did the student say anything about who you would meet at the open house? what did he or she say exactly?
are there applicants on this thread who did not receive such an email?

those of you who have received a letter from a current tju student- did the student say anything about who you would meet at the open house? what did he or she say exactly?
are there applicants on this thread who did not receive such an email?

I can't imagine they'd have a problem with me sharing it since it's so broad...

Thank you for your interest in the Occupational Therapy program at Thomas Jefferson University! My name is Brianna Schwoyer and I am a first-year OT student in the EMOT program. Jefferson is a great program for many reasons, but what I think makes the program stand out is our amazing faculty, who look at us as future colleagues rather than just students. They genuinely want us to succeed, and go above and beyond in helping us to become the best occupational therapists we can be. I also love that Thomas Jefferson University is located in the heart of Center City Philadelphia, so it an exciting area to be in! There are so many restaurants, shops, and things to do here.

I wanted to let you know about our Occupational Therapy Open House on November 23. It is a great opportunity to learn more about our program and see what Thomas Jefferson has to offer. In addition to learning about the program and touring the campus, you will also meet some faculty, current students, and even future classmates!

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have.
I hope to hear from you soon!​

didn't and cannot attend open house/info session due to physical distance and $$$.
i live in CA and it's too expensive to fly to a different state when i don't even know whether i'm accepted or not.
but probably can attend the online info session.

Online info session?? Do you have any details on that? Thanks!

Edit: Oh, are you talking about Phila U? Never mind, got confused.

Yeah the email I received was very similar to rcludo's email. I responded and asked questions about the program, campus, living situations, ect. And she responded back. It's possible that they will still be sending emails out as I can't imagine that they would require 1st year students to send out an abundance of emails and answer everyone's questions. She was very thorough with the answers she gave me so I think it would be unreasonable to email everyone at once! If you didnt get an email, don't let it worry you! Plus we will hopefully be finding out decisions from TJ next week so the wait is almost over!:)

I received that same email. at first I didn't let it get my hopes up, but that wording, " future classmates" as opposed to other applicants keeps sticking out. also, my reasoning is, why would they have an already busy grad student not only take the time to contact people, but also field questions and provide themselves as a contact. I've gotten general emails from Don before about upcoming events. I'm sure admissions has a distribution list for such things. it's got to be a good sign, I guess we're either in, our on the cusp. good luck everyone! keep me posted!

Online info session?? Do you have any details on that? Thanks!

Edit: Oh, are you talking about Phila U? Never mind, got confused.

yes. sorry about the confusion. online info session @ phil U.

I can't imagine they'd have a problem with me sharing it since it's so broad...

Thank you for your interest in the Occupational Therapy program at Thomas Jefferson University! My name is Brianna Schwoyer and I am a first-year OT student in the EMOT program. Jefferson is a great program for many reasons, but what I think makes the program stand out is our amazing faculty, who look at us as future colleagues rather than just students. They genuinely want us to succeed, and go above and beyond in helping us to become the best occupational therapists we can be. I also love that Thomas Jefferson University is located in the heart of Center City Philadelphia, so it an exciting area to be in! There are so many restaurants, shops, and things to do here.

I wanted to let you know about our Occupational Therapy Open House on November 23. It is a great opportunity to learn more about our program and see what Thomas Jefferson has to offer. In addition to learning about the program and touring the campus, you will also meet some faculty, current students, and even future classmates!

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have.
I hope to hear from you soon!​

got the same exact e-mail.

I received that same email. at first I didn't let it get my hopes up, but that wording, " future classmates" as opposed to other applicants keeps sticking out. also, my reasoning is, why would they have an already busy grad student not only take the time to contact people, but also field questions and provide themselves as a contact. I've gotten general emails from Don before about upcoming events. I'm sure admissions has a distribution list for such things. it's got to be a good sign, I guess we're either in, our on the cusp. good luck everyone! keep me posted!

I just got the email too!! Just as I was all worried about not having received one haha. Its from a different student, but very similar wording, including about meeting "future classmates." It might not mean much, but I can't imagine they send these emails to all of the hundreds of applicants right? Hopefully its a good sign! :) Anyone else going to the Open House on the 23rd?

now I kind of think it's just something they are sending to everyone. what are the odds that all of us just happened to get in and just happen to be on the same forum. seems like an odd waste of time though, why not use the admissions distro list? oh well, guess we'll all find out soon!

Yeah, my email said "potential future classmates" and unfortunately I just talked with my friend who sits on the student board of the liberal arts college here at PSU and she actually makes phone calls to all the applicants, and she said it has nothing to do with whether or not they were accepted, and that it has nothing to do with the admissions decision. It is just something nice that schools do for potential students. Maybe TJ is different and maybe it is a good thing considering admission decisions should come next week, but I don't think so.

Just received an email from VCU stating my OTCAS application is under review and they are selecting their prerequisites (10) from my transcripts. Sure is good to hear something :)! Anyone else apply/hear from VCU?

Just received an email from VCU stating my OTCAS application is under review and they are selecting their prerequisites (10) from my transcripts. Sure is good to hear something :)! Anyone else apply/hear from VCU?
Got the same email from VCU today! Any idea on when they start sending out acceptances?

Same here! It also said sounded like we could hear back anywhere between January and April... that's a big time slot!

Same here! It also said sounded like we could hear back anywhere between January and April... that's a big time slot!

That is a pretty significant time slot! Looks like it is going to be a very long winter :(. I visited VCU back in June for an open house and absolutely loved it. Have been checking my emails constantly since I applied and after reading the title of the email today my heart skipped a few beats.

It does say on their website that early decision applicants (applied before November 1) will receive acceptance letters BY January 15, but the email definitely makes it sounds like it will be after that. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to hear back soon! VCU is definitely my number 1.

Best of luck to everyone!

That is a pretty significant time slot! Looks like it is going to be a very long winter :(. I visited VCU back in June for an open house and absolutely loved it. Have been checking my emails constantly since I applied and after reading the title of the email today my heart skipped a few beats.

It does say on their website that early decision applicants (applied before November 1) will receive acceptance letters BY January 15, but the email definitely makes it sounds like it will be after that. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to hear back soon! VCU is definitely my number 1.

Best of luck to everyone!
I'm doing my undergrad at VCU now.. it really is a fantastic school. But I don't have the best GPA or GRE scores so I'm not counting on being accepted here seeing as it's pretty competitive. I hope we find out sooner rather than later.. the wait is killing me!!

I'm doing my undergrad at VCU now.. it really is a fantastic school. But I don't have the best GPA or GRE scores so I'm not counting on being accepted here seeing as it's pretty competitive. I hope we find out sooner rather than later.. the wait is killing me!!

I live in Northern VA and visit Richmond very often, looking at houses down there right now actually. Hope your undergrad is going well!

From what I gathered at the information session and reading their website, they put a lot of weight on pre-reqs, personal statement/value added essay, references, and the verbal/ writing section of the GRE. There is always a chance!

Just out of curiosity, have you spoken with anyone in the OT department or received any info from them? Trying to stay as positive as possible over here, fairly strong GPA/Pre-reqs but mediocre GRE.

Has anyone heard from Pitt after they received the email earlier this week?