Another LOR question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Venus21pam

Freakin' peachy
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a dilemma:

I have 2 LORs from the same rotation. One of them I had a chance to read and I thought it was really good. The other one I didn't see but I think I should be strong as well, plus it is from a "higher" person.
So I'm not sure which one to submit to programs??

And can I do both? Can I have two letters from one institution? Isn't that a no-no?

I do have two other letters from different places so I have four in general.

Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

From what I have been told, there is no reason NOT to use both of those letters... it's not like one person is writing 2 letters. 2 different people with 2 different perspectives. Both good? Use both of em.

I have a dilemma:

I have 2 LORs from the same rotation. One of them I had a chance to read and I thought it was really good. The other one I didn't see but I think I should be strong as well, plus it is from a "higher" person.
So I'm not sure which one to submit to programs??

And can I do both? Can I have two letters from one institution? Isn't that a no-no?

I do have two other letters from different places so I have four in general.

Any suggestions?

What do you think all the people who don't do away rotations do? Of course you can have more than one LOR from the same institution and same rotation.