Another ERAS question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djalimd

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any idea how much we should write under the description for each acctivity? Do they want resume length--one or two sentences? They leave so much room I don't know what the 'norm' is... any ideas?

Also, hopefully there are many others who have yet to submit, As week 2 approaches, my nerves are tingling...

Members don't see this ad.

I just wrote 1-3 sentences for each. Too much is overkill. Are you close to certifying and submitting?

I've yet to apply as well... Did you include activities in college as well, or should it be limited strictly to medical school activities?

I haven't submitted yet either - I guess the time is drawing close.

As for activities, I included college stuff but did not say much about them...I was advised to include them, other people I know did not. I don't think it really helps or hurts you.

yea i stuck to far back as college..
i have yet to submit, my letter writer smashed my personal statement, now i gotta rewrite the damn thing!! UGH.. im tempted to even use one of thoses essayedge websites, i cant take it anymore..

Im gettin nervous....

What do you mean, your letter writer "smashed" your personal statement? They looked over it and didn't like it? They just paraphrased it in their letter of recommendation?

I'll probably certify mine tomorrow...
I wrote in the space I was given if I had detailed answers (eg my research project), but tried to be brief.

Ok, so maybe not that brief. My longest one was 7 sentences, but I was explaning the project.

I'm just paranoid, I guess. Met with the deal for the official "I'm writing your letter soon" meeting we have to have - I guess I should just certify the darn thing and get it over with.

Ah yes, I gave them a brief synopsis of each research project's abstract. For my work/volunteer experiences, though, I just gave a quick overview.

In the description section for work experience, volunteer experience, etc, I've listed the items in a numbered list just like they are on my CV, but they don't show up on separate lines; they run together. Is this acceptable or should I write out the descriptions in a more narrative style? Anyone have any ideas?

drewdo said:
In the description section for work experience, volunteer experience, etc, I've listed the items in a numbered list just like they are on my CV, but they don't show up on separate lines; they run together. Is this acceptable or should I write out the descriptions in a more narrative style? Anyone have any ideas?

Make it as easy to read as possible. Think about it... they're looking at hundreds (or maybe thousands) of apps. If they come across one that's at all difficult to read, they may just toss it aside and not give it a second glance. Unfortunately, you can't do any formatting on your CAF, so just write a sentance or two to describe things that are not self explanatory.