Another anesthesiologist in the news

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nimbus

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Reactions: 4 users
Cool story. Anesthesiologists watching out for surgeons in and now outside of the OR.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Cool story. Anesthesiologists watching out for surgeons in and now outside of the OR.

“He opened his eyes and looked straight up at the sky, with a circle of people looking down at him, excitedly and joyously.

He got up, gathered some momentum, and said ‘Thanks, anesthesia’ before running off into the sunset.”

• Haha
Reactions: 22 users
"I came upon a runner who was collapsed on the side of the running path. And being an anesthesiologist, it was instinctual," said Perera. She recalled thinking at the time, "'I have to go help this guy’s airway.' So I ran over there."

“I checked for a pulse, then realized he was a surgeon and he doesn’t have a heart….I carried on with my run.”

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
More from NYC marathon.

UVA CA-1, dad to 3 including newborn, still laid down a 2:35 marathon. He ran under 2:09 a couple yrs ago.

If I had the talent and training capacity to be a world class marathoner not sure if I’d be doing anesthesia residency at his age.

7621782A-B72C-4792-8C6C-689EE5C6FDCE.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users