anonymous forum: why not try it.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ihatethisproces

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
why don't we go back to dermboard to post anonymously?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't do dermboard: Among other reasons, my antivirus software goes berserk and I just spent a chunk of time cleaning out my computer system. Definitely want to avoid infection again.

Also, you have to have a username at dermboard anyway. You can't be anonymous there anymore at all.

I like the idea of genericderm1, genericderm2, etc, both for applicants and residents to use. Keeping the comments here with genericderm1, genericderm2, etc, makes it one less board to check.

Last edited:
I wouldn't do dermboard: Among other reasons, my antivirus software goes berserk and I just spent a chunk of time cleaning out my computer system. Definitely want to avoid infection again.

I like the idea of genericderm1, genericderm2, etc, both for applicants and residents to use.

I think if at least a handful of us make up names like genericderm1, genericderm2, etc... it could definitely work

In all honesty, I like it here.

Dermboard was down when we needed them the most. Why reward them at all with traffic? I've always been of the mindset that if you have to say it anonymously, you probably shouldn't be saying it at all. (Hence all the trolling and inappropriate remarks with previous anonymous accounts)

I feel like I can say pretty much everything I want to here.

I've got nothing that I HAVE to say, but I've got things to say that I think others would want to hear, I just will only say it anonymously.

Sorry, but SDN does not permit shared accounts. We have tried this system that you guys are proposing multiple times in the past and it has never worked out. People abuse the accounts with their posts, they change passwords, etc.

I would definitely encourage everyone to use our residency feedback, which is linked in a post above. If you can get your mod to agree, you can also use him to post things anonymously for you. All mods here sign a nondisclosure agreement and cannot divulge who sent them the post in these situations.

I've been unofficially helping out Long Dong and have been posting PMs anonymously for people. That's much more than what you get over at dermboard, which is nothing and you're forced to have a username there anyway. It's a virus-ridden, spammer ad site with little functionality compared to here.

Dr. Mom, I'm not an official mod, but if you want me to sign a nondisclosure agreement, I'd be more than happy to. Since joining, I've been nondisclosing all along.

I'm posting here. I agree with Janette. If you can't even post it under an already anonymous screenname here on SDN, there's something wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think our genericderm names are working.

stay here, keep it civil, and post with your regular user names

how hard is that?

Hey, this isn't a case of pissing off moderators. It is a case of violating the terms of service of SDN. We don't permit more than one account. We also don't permit advertising in the professional forums, which applies to this google group.

We'd love for all of you to participate in SDN's derm forum. You can do so as is and still make "honest" posts. You also can use our residency feedback to give truly anonymous reports on residency programs. Everything you guys are asking for is already here.

You also can use our residency feedback to give truly anonymous reports on residency programs. Everything you guys are asking for is already here.

Really, I don't understand why everyone is not contributing to this! DrMom is right--it's exactly what we're asking for.

Really, I don't understand why everyone is not contributing to this! DrMom is right--it's exactly what we're asking for.

There's not as much sniping going on when we do it the SDN way.

Some drama queens are looking for, well, drama.

bananmed: haha, you are spot on! Its kind of boring waiting around for match day to arrive so why not spice things up?

bananmed: haha, you are spot on! Its kind of boring waiting around for match day to arrive so why not spice things up?

you've got the google group and the dermboard for that :laugh:

i've come to appreciate the mature discussion and (for the 1st time in a long time) activity here on this SDN board

Hey, could someone be so kind as to PM me the info on the google group? I can't find it on here anymore.