Anniversary ideas on a budget

BasalGanglia

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My two year anniversary with my boyfriend is coming up but we're broke. I figured the majority of the people on here are in the same situation when going to school. What do you do as far as figuring out where to go or what presents to give?

Thanks!
:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

We go for memorable experiences, even when we aren't broke. So far, this is what my friends (for their anniversaries) and I (with hubby) have done:

moonlight picnic dinners (cheese and bread, wine, chocolate, fruit) with candles (might need bug spray)

Asian day (better in a city with a china town): start with window shopping in china town with a cheap lunch, spend the afternoon in an asian garden, then take food home for consumption in a pre-made asian themed den. oil massages ro help. Essentially any cultural theme could work here.

hobby day: husband is into aeronautics, so arranged a docent tour of an plane museum followed by lunch, then a military or space movie, then an evening of star gazing at a quiet park

flowers all day long: buy cheap flowers (sams club or trader joes), and keep suprising and suprising. Flowers at morning wake up (maybe in the shower or on breakfast dishes), flowers in the car, dropped off at work ahead of time (day before), petals leading a path to a romantic candle lit dinner after work

bicyclists' fun: plan a suitable cycle trip with the unannounced end point being a nice cafe or such where you prearranged a special meal. if legal, place signs along the route ahead of time. shared jokes, special sayings, etc. remove signs on return trip and keep as momentos.

hour by hour: notes and messages hour by hour telling partner how special they are, end with a photo journal of times together and pages pre labeled for future special times

thanks for the great ideas! I was worried I would think of something cheesy but if we do something both of us like such as hobby day, we will both enjoy it without breaking the bank!

Members don't see this ad :)
We've gone back to the same cheap restaurant where we had our first date for a couple of anniversaries. Even though we're out of school now and actually have money for someplace nicer, it's really fun to reminisce.

Hey guys,

My two year anniversary with my boyfriend is coming up but we're broke. I figured the majority of the people on here are in the same situation when going to school. What do you do as far as figuring out where to go or what presents to give?

Thanks!
:confused:

You live in Austin,TX?? you can go campout at New Braunfels by the river, and go tubing.. campsites are cheap, and you can have a nice picnic.