Anki vs. Quizlet vs. Brainscape vs. unmentioned alternatives

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premedwithaspergers

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I'm a second year pre-med and as I move towards more advanced chemistry and biology courses, I got curious about what other pre-meds or current medical students used to scope their studying for things like bio courses and general/o-chem. I've used Quizlet and Anki interchangeably, myself. I've recently started using Brainscape for their MCAT deck (BTW, did anyone out there use this for their MCAT prep? If so, DM me with details and if you're comfortable, what your MCAT score ended up being).

So just looking for some advice and am generally curious about what y'all have used. Did/do you use Anki, Quizlet, other resources, or a combination to hone your studying for your premed classes?

Look forward to hearing from interesting students.

Members don't see this ad.

I like anki because I can adjust how often I see cards. I don’t use anything except image occlusion and basic decks, and it has been working well for me.

I hate anki but it’s a necessary evil sometimes (bugs, drugs, anatomy) so I use it when I need to because it’s the most efficient memorization tool available.

For conceptual stuff I write/draw from memory, or talk out loud (teach my dog). Add in some practice questions, rinse and repeat until test day.

Edit to add: I’m not a pre-Med. Sorry, that’s still what I do though!

Members don't see this ad :)
I like anki because I can adjust how often I see cards. I don’t use anything except image occlusion and basic decks, and it has been working well for me.

How do you adjust how often you see cards?

How do you adjust how often you see cards?

I recommend this video:

I used to see new cards I got wrong every 1 and 10 minutes, which was annoying for me so I changed it to so that if I got that card right, I don't have to see it again until the next day.

Reactions: 1 user