Anki cards from UW questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hungrydoc710

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Bit of background,
I am going into my last block of school (2.5 months) before dedicated (2.5 months for mid June test date).
I have been working since block 5...
- went thru Pepper decks (micro and pharm)
- now 2/3rds done with Lol, Zanki pharm, Zanki bchem, and an OMM deck
- will be doing duke pathoma deck this block along with pathoma
- about 1,000 questions deep in Rx... finished all year 1 BnB vids with FA annotating, and a decent chunk of this years material too

My question is, now that I have gotten UW, I plan to cont Rx on weekdays to iron out raw concepts and hit UW on wknd.
HOW DO YOU BEST MAKE ANKI CARDS FOR UWORLD MISSED QUESTIONS ?

Also please let me know what you think about my study resources/flow thus far, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

When you say "went through" are you implying you only went through once? Do you keep up with reviews? The point of Anki is to keep up with reviews, not to do as many decks as you can. That's how you solidify your foundation.

If you're able to keep up with reviews with all the decks you've done, I'd say make a couple cards per question based on explanations you see in UWorld & any answer choices you weren't able to confidently rule out. Make them short/sweet. Use multi-cloze to cover concepts & single-cloze for facts without much material around them. Add UWorld imaging or imaging from google. Get familiar with identification of anatomy on imaging using the UWorld screenshots & clozing out the labels. Stuff like that.

As for images from UWorld, the UWorld images are all over the internet. Also, if you have an apple product, you can use the shift+command+3 command to take screenshots then crop them how you prefer (open image then use command+k.) Most of the time UWorld doesn't detect the screenshot software in use this way. And even if it does, I don't think UWorld does anything to punish you aside from making you click back in to review your test. I have gotten 100+ emails from UWorld about screenshots over the past 2 years. If you're not comfortable with this, as noted, you can look around online for UWorld pictures or just google your own stuff.

Reactions: 1 user
When you say "went through" are you implying you only went through once? Do you keep up with reviews? The point of Anki is to keep up with reviews, not to do as many decks as you can. That's how you solidify your foundation.

If you're able to keep up with reviews with all the decks you've done, I'd say make a couple cards per question based on explanations you see in UWorld & any answer choices you weren't able to confidently rule out. Make them short/sweet. Use multi-cloze to cover concepts & single-cloze for facts without much material around them. Add UWorld imaging or imaging from google. Get familiar with identification of anatomy on imaging using the UWorld screenshots & clozing out the labels. Stuff like that.

As for images from UWorld, the UWorld images are all over the internet. Also, if you have an apple product, you can use the shift+command+3 command to take screenshots then crop them how you prefer (open image then use command+k.) Most of the time UWorld doesn't detect the screenshot software in use this way. And even if it does, I don't think UWorld does anything to punish you aside from making you click back in to review your test. I have gotten 100+ emails from UWorld about screenshots over the past 2 years. If you're not comfortable with this, as noted, you can look around online for UWorld pictures or just google your own stuff.
For Pepper I did reviews up until I actually finished deck, then didn't keep up w reviews anymore bc wanted to move onto the better decks (Lol and Zanki pharm). I set it so I have to do reviews each day before I could do 25 new cards that day. I do the same with Zanki bchem, and now Duke deck as well.

I'm not great with Anki creating - haven't made a single card really. I was just going to make cards similiar to how Duke deck has it (super basic).
Would that work still? I'm just worried I won't keep up the 'making a card for the each question mentality'.

Hopefully I prove myself wrong. I plan on starting slowly with UW this wknd, while I cont grinding out the Rx questions for system/content review.

Okay nice, that's a solid idea (keeping up with the more thorough decks.)

It would work if you are a fan of the Duke format absolutely. I haven't used that deck before so I don't know how easy/difficult it would be, but I'm sure if you post a how to post on here or Reddit you'll be able to get an answer if you can't figure it out.

I think you'll do great on Step; it sounds like you're putting in the time. Keep it up.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Okay nice, that's a solid idea (keeping up with the more thorough decks.)

It would work if you are a fan of the Duke format absolutely. I haven't used that deck before so I don't know how easy/difficult it would be, but I'm sure if you post a how to post on here or Reddit you'll be able to get an answer if you can't figure it out.

I think you'll do great on Step; it sounds like you're putting in the time. Keep it up.
Appreciate the vote of confidence.
Some days doing these questions goes so rough, but hopefuly it all comes together.

Download Bluestacks => download UWorld => open UWorld => create test => click outside Bluestacks => screenshot away