Anesthetic breathing circuits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zyovka

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone advise the source, that would explain breathing circuits for dummies? Doing truelearn here, and just can not wrap my brain around this subject and concepts. Like why do we even have to learn about Mapleson systems in their variety etc... Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Darn, I thought this was a position as an anesthetic breathing circuits rep. Had my hopes up.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone advise the source, that would explain breathing circuits for dummies? Doing truelearn here, and just can not wrap my brain around this subject and concepts. Like why do we even have to learn about Mapleson systems in their variety etc... Thank you.

The point is to refine understanding of ventilation v. oxygenation and shunt v. dead space. Otherwise, you're correct, it's a waste of time.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also has some good explanations about that abstract electrical stuff they ask about

Reactions: 1 user
This is such a great and simple way to teach the breathing circle topic!!! Whoever came up with this idea must be close to be a genius... Thank you so much