anesthesiologist income and hour

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Location, location, location. OP, if you want to work in LA expect a pay cut. The job market in LA is bad for anesthesia (including pain). Expect starting salaries in the low 200's with longer partnership tracks. 600k in LA, i think only the TV MDs make that much.

Members don't see this ad.

Location, location, location. OP, if you want to work in LA expect a pay cut. The job market in LA is bad for anesthesia (including pain). Expect starting salaries in the low 200's with longer partnership tracks. 600k in LA, i think only the TV MDs make that much.

Sounds good to me, as long the call schedule isn't too brutal, I'm willing to take some lumps never to see another snowflake again

Sounds good to me, as long the call schedule isn't too brutal, I'm willing to take some lumps never to see another snowflake again

Look elsewhere for nice weather:

Texas
Nevada
New Mexico
Arizona
Louisiana
Alabama

All offer better pay compared to cost of living in LA.

Members don't see this ad :)

that's the answer. you don't go to LA trying to be a doctor...you go to LA to PLAY a doctor on tv in Hollywood!

Look elsewhere for nice weather:

Texas
Nevada
New Mexico
Arizona
Louisiana
Alabama

All offer better pay compared to cost of living in LA.

Couldnt live in Louisiana, Alabama or Texas, not my style. Vegas would be fun but that would get old quick. New Mexico just doesn't do it for me either. I know you take a pay cut to live in cali but nice beaches, good weather, close to good skiiing just can't be beat. I'm working hard right now to get to the place I want to be. There are a million reasons not to go to cali but sometimes you gotta do what you want to.

Freezing cold water, crowded beaches, LA is about 5 hours from Mammoth for skiing, terrible traffic, already talked about pay/cost of living... I'm all about lifestyle and the outdoors, but I just can't see the appeal of Cali sometimes. Shrug. To each their own.

Per episode. :laugh:

By the way, the salaries posted on that chart are for people on HI-B visas (ie. IMGs) so the practices offer them lower salaries because they know the candidates have limited choices. Once the MDs on visas get their greencard, they can get a position without regard to sponsorship -->more market value, and higher salaries.