Anesthesia vs. GI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
One of the older anesthesiologists at our facility will leave the room after intubation. Turns on the vent waits for eveything to get started then walks out. The break room is RIGHT next door to the OR he always chooses. He just heats up his coffee, chats with anyone standing there. Sometimes the nurse will come out and tell him Dr. ___ the machine is alarming. To which he goes back in. Yes, he was reported several times, nothing was done.

Wait can we go back to this? You're saying the patient is left alone under GA with no provider at all?

... and the institution is OK with this happening repeatedly? I feel like I'm missing something here.

:eyebrow:

Members don't see this ad.

Wait can we go back to this? You're saying the patient is left alone under GA with no provider at all?

... and the institution is OK with this happening repeatedly? I feel like I'm missing something here.

:eyebrow:

correct

But yesterday you were preparing for Part 1 of the written exam?

Part 1 exam is 'most like' MOC... mixed clinical and basics. That is what i was told, that reviewing the step 1 retired questions would be enough to pass the maintenance exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
But yesterday you were preparing for Part 1 of the written exam?

Oh i see, you are being a creepy moderator and cross referencing different posts. Well you got your answer.

Some days I do a lot of thinking, some days a lot of doing. That is what most of us like about GI; the variety of clinical practice.
You mean nobody calls you to the ICU and orders you to scope the patient? And when you ask why, since you don't see the obvious need for it, you are told "because that's what the (medical) intensivist wants"? Now!?

I'm sorry, I forgot: you are actually a doctor, and treated like one.

Reactions: 1 user
Part 1 exam is 'most like' MOC... mixed clinical and basics. That is what i was told, that reviewing the step 1 retired questions would be enough to pass the maintenance exam.

Uh, son, there ain't no maintenance exam no more.

hqdefault.jpg

Oh i see, you are being a creepy moderator and cross referencing different posts. Well you got your answer.

Creepy moderators = delete profile never come back. Scary sh@t

Well, bye.