Anesthesia scheduling software

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

That's a Bingo

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an online Anesthesia scheduler they like and would recommend?
We are a private practice of 30 call taking partners and 30-40 shift taking employees. We need a program to distribute weekends and call evenly over the course of a year. And we need it to auto fill the recurring employee shifts.

Members don't see this ad.

Qgenda works well for our group which is a little bigger than what you're describing. Also, your user name is great.

Reactions: 1 users
Qgenda is a pretty big player. We used it for several years and moved on to one called Open Tempo which was much more powerful. Qgenda has now bought Open Tempo, so hopefully they'll combine the best parts of both programs. It can be programmed with pretty much any parameters you want. Due to the way we compensated both docs and anesthetists, it was critical that shift distribution was as equitable as possible. It takes vacation/time off into consideration when scheduling weekends, holidays, premium shifts, etc., so in theory it all evens out. It can be used for anything from small to mega groups, and the costs are determined by number of shift programs and number of employees - so if you're a smaller group, using the program is cheaper than it would be for a group with several hundred users spread out in dozens of locations and shift combinations like my group.

Members don't see this ad :)
These programs work well “if” you guys want to distribute everything equally. It’s a terrible idea for places that actually aren’t.... because a program cannot be customized to fit what “senior partners’”needs. Take that for what it’s worth to you.

Our schedule guy swears by QGenda. Very user friendly. Very transparent. Very expensive.

Our scheduling is very complex due to subspecialty coverage, vacations, trades, part time positions, mommy track, extra weekday or weekend call (or both), stipends, and a host of rules we have implemented so that things are fair for everyone.

QGenda has been really good at implementing a very long list of rules for our practice. I like it.

Reactions: 1 users
As the schedule maker for my group, I agree Qgenda is a very good product overall. Their customer service for us has also been phenomenal (not sure if it is because we are a very large group/contract for them, or if this is standard). Either way, I'm impressed.

These programs work well “if” you guys want to distribute everything equally. It’s a terrible idea for places that actually aren’t.... because a program cannot be customized to fit what “senior partners’”needs. Take that for what it’s worth to you.

Having worked with both OpenTempo and QGenda they could both do whatever you wanted them to, whether that was to distribute things fairly or to give some lesser loads than others. It's all in the programming you set up.