Anesthesia ccm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nexus5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is your cc and OR mix?

How many weeks of what for fte?

Members don't see this ad.

I’m functionally 50/50

1 week of ICU
1 week off “post ICU”
2 weeks OR

Any 5 week months have me 3 weeks OR instead of 2.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
10-12 weeks ICU days, 50-60 nights a year, 5-6 OR days a month.

Not a fan of my job

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I’m functionally 50/50

1 week of ICU
1 week off “post ICU”
2 weeks OR

Any 5 week months have me 3 weeks OR instead of 2.
Is this academics or PP/is it relatively simple to get a split job like this? Sounds like a great gig. Would you mind sharing compensation?

Is this academics or PP/is it relatively simple to get a split job like this? Sounds like a great gig. Would you mind sharing compensation?
I’m in academics and have a similar schedule. Comp is similar to what the pp guys here post. But I pick up a lot.

First half of each month I'm on the ICU schedule, working 6-8 12-hour shifts during those 15 days. Second half of each month I'm on the anesthesia schedule, working pretty much every day except my free weekends and post-call days. This is a true private practice setup, where I'm a partner in both CC and anes groups.

Are the icu weeks 5 days or 7 days? Days or nights?
Seven days. I almost exclusively work days, because nights wouldn't generally work with my setup. I have done it before, though, when the unit chief was begging for help, and I was off the following week. I used to also pick up random weekend days from the fulltime ICU guys, but then we had another kid, and my time is requested at home more.

First half of each month I'm on the ICU schedule, working 6-8 12-hour shifts during those 15 days. Second half of each month I'm on the anesthesia schedule, working pretty much every day except my free weekends and post-call days. This is a true private practice setup, where I'm a partner in both CC and anes groups.
You're able to be a partner in both groups, while functionally only a little over 0.5ish FTE in either? That's a neat trick. Do you get a proportional benefits package from each group? 1099?

It’s a healthcare system with an anesthesia residency. My total compensation reflects my position on the demand side of the supply/demand arrangement; that said, I sing for my supper.

You're able to be a partner in both groups, while functionally only a little over 0.5ish FTE in either? That's a neat trick. Do you get a proportional benefits package from each group? 1099?
1099 in both, so essentially no benefits from either one. I was hired by both groups at the same time; they're both well aware of my setup and are fine with it.